Hospital's test of new blood worries JWs

by funkyderek 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• funkyderek
  • Gill
    Gill

Perhaps a tatoo on one butt cheek would help them identify whether they will accept the polyheme. Then as WTBTS rules on blood change they can tatto on the other but cheek, if it changes again well, back to the original ... until furthur notice.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone but having lost 2.5 litres of blood on one occassion and survived by the skin of my teeth I feel I have the right to be a bit pissed about the WTBTS constant 'new light' on blood fractions.

• blondie
    blondie

This are interesting statements:

Doug Menner, associate director of hospital information services for the church's national headquarters in Brooklyn, N.Y., said church leaders will allow members to make their own decisions regarding use of PolyHeme.
    PolyHeme is made from human blood.
    More than 300 patients, including at least one Jehovah's Witness, have been involved in testing PolyHeme so far, Cherry said.
  • Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I expect Sister Grifford has caused the HLC and the WT hierarchy considerable embarrassment, and she will be getting some councel about speaking for the congregation PDQ.

The gist of her point is that the population as a whole should not have the benefit of life-saving emergency treatment in case a member of a minority sect takes offence to it being administered to them. Nice.

• undercover
    undercover

Cherry no sooner finished his briefing than Rebekah Grifford of Mechanicsburg, a Jehovah's Witness and former operating room nurse, voiced concern about how the study could affect her fellow parishioners.

"There are several hundred Jehovah's Witnesses in Cumberland County, all of whom I feel certain would refuse this type of transfusion," Grifford said.

Doug Menner, associate director of hospital information services for the church's national headquarters in Brooklyn, N.Y., said church leaders will allow members to make their own decisions regarding use of PolyHeme.

These two quotes in opposition of each other, shows what a mess the blood policy has become. Normal, everyday JWs do not understand their own church's doctrine on blood. All they know is that JWs don't take blood. The church shares blame because they use double-speak to hide the ever changing policy on blood transfusions. Now it's such a mess, no one outside of New York understands it, and people will die because of it.

• TruthBringer
    TruthBringer

Should not be an issue since recently realized scriptural support indicated that this was meant as food for the jews..

Leviticus 3:17 This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come, wherever you live: You must not eat any fat or any blood. Leviticus 17:12Therefore I say to the Israelites, "None of you may eat blood, nor may an alien living among you eat blood. Leviticus 17:14
    because the life of every creature is its blood. That is why I have said to the Israelites, "You must not eat the blood of any creature, because the life of every creature is its blood; anyone who eats it must be cut off.
    ACT.15:29: That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

TruthBringer - The bringer of news as supported verbatim by the scriptures, not the made up interpretation.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    Should not be an issue since recently realized scriptural support indicated that this was meant as food for the jews..

What do you mean by RECENTLY REALIZED? Who realized this recently? JWs have always used those scriptures and said ingesting blood through your stomach was just the same as ingesting it intervenously.

• catchthis
    catchthis

Polyheme = Hemoglobin

Hemoglobin = A fraction of one of the primary components (damn big fraction!)

A fraction of one of the primary components = Up to an individual's conscience as whether or not to take

The JW nurse saying that witnesses shouldn't take Polyheme = She is not reading her Watchtower and staying up to date on new light

The HIS representative saying it is OK for witnesses to take Polyheme thereby contradicting the JW nurse = Priceless

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    She panned a proposal to have Witnesses, or others who don't want PolyHeme transfusions, to wear special wristbands. "It seems unreasonable that several hundred people should have to run around with these wristbands all the time," she said.

Funny that thousands of people wear "special wristbands" everyday, everywhere, to let er workers know if they have a serious medical conditiion. As a nurse she should know this. What's sad is that so many witnesses have and will read this and the many other articles about polyheme that circulated the country and will assume they should not accept it without ever looking into it.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    He also suggested that Jehovah's Witnesses may want to consider wearing their medical directive cards around their necks or display them in some other way so they are conspicuous to emergency medical personnel.

This made me spew my coffee. LOL. I could just see them wearing those cards around their necks. It would be like having to wear the stupid name cards at assemblies. They might as well have "JW" tattooed onto their foreheads.

cj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit