Jehovah the God Of Tupperware

by PopeOfEruke 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Saw an interesting show on TV a few weeks ago: The history of the Tupperware firm. Amazing program. Anyway it struck me that I could have been watching a TV show on the history of the Watchtower. I mean, the concepts are almost identical.

The showed the "sales force" using the personal in-home demonstrations; and interestingly the product was not the major goal of the sales people but rather the recruitment of new salespeople. The training was like watching a Service Meeting, where presentations were practised and salesmen were trained in how best to identify possible new recruits. They were advised to even do "informal" recruitment while shopping, on the bus etc...

If the salesmaen did well enough, they could get promoted to district supervisor...and also get moved to where the need was greater. Just like pioneers, citcuit overseers and the other dickheads.

And.....they had regular Jamborees, just like Assemblies. With presentations, talks, demonstrations, and singing! And new products would be released at the Jamboress, and the program showed hundreds of zealous tupperwarers all running for the new releases, queueing up behind boxes placed around the field where the jamboree was held. Just like the book releases at JW assemblies.

I guess the biggest difference between the WTS and and Tupperware is: One's an organisation full of salesmen and saleswomen selling a plastic product of no real worth to anyone but making mega-millions in the process, and the other one is Tupperware.

Thanks Jehovah, but I'll take Tupperware anyway. At least Tupperware has 1 useful purpose. Looks like you chose the wrong cult to be the boss of.

Pope

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess
    I guess the biggest difference between the WTS and and Tupperware is: One's an organisation full of salesmen and saleswomen selling a plastic product of no real worth to anyone but making mega-millions in the process, and the other one is Tupperware.

That is so funny!!!!

I know what you mean, i almost got sucked into selling those candles and doing parties, until i found out what it was all about. I was just on my way out of the bOrg at the time so i was not ready to commit to something else.
    Goes to show the wts uses the same concepts as do all those other companies trying to make a buck.

MonkeyPrincess

• Scully
    Scully

I noticed the same thing... it gave me the heebeejeebies when someone was trying to recruit me to sell Tupperware and I went to a few of their meetings....

• upside/down
    upside/down

Pope- I guess I was a "dickhead". But I was an honest "dickhead".

u/d

• La Capra
    La Capra

Unfortunately for Tupperware, they never fgured out how to avoid taxes. Something tells me the "donation arrangement" wouldn't fly with the Tupperware gods....Burppp

Shoshana

(edited to add a necessary negative, lest the entire post make no sense...)

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Upside/down,

at least you are now an ex-dickhead!!! Praise the lord of Tupperware for that!

And do you all know why Walruses like Tupperware? They just love a tight seal....

Pope

• under74
    under74

Tupperware? what about Amway. My brother went to an Amway convention once and was so freaked out by it. He left it early and came over to talk and started shaking while he was talking about it....kept saying it was "exactly like the district conventions." They kept talking about the higher ups like it was this force that was directed by God....

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that in...

• Maverick
    Maverick

Any of you ever been to a Mary Kay Convention in Dallas?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

At least selling Tupperware won't damage your relationships with your family. You don't owe allegiance to the plastic.

You know it might not be a bad religion, err I mean company, to get in with.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I actually mentioned to my brother who is a crcuit overseer and he actually agreed with me that AMWAY and JW's are very similar!!! Especially a lot of JW's in this country also double up as Amway distributors.

Anyone remember Watkins Products? And Rawleighs? They were 2 other door-to-door selling companies, my Mum sold Watkins for a while...

Pope

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit