Idea for a practical Knock Knock joke - feedback please

by SixofNine 12 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I ran across the following and it spawned the previous. I'm sure Houston isn't the only town with this service?
    http://www.houstonbusiness.com/advertising/outdoors.htm...

The HoustonBusiness.com? Outdoor Dynamic Billboard System? is comprised of advertisement-by-the-day billboards strategically located at heavily-trafficked parts of the Houston area. We currently operate four billboards on our Dynamic Billboard System?. The billboard locations and pricing information are as follows:

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I ran across the following and it spawned the previous. I'm sure Houston isn't the only town with this service?
    http://www.houstonbusiness.com/advertising/outdoors.htm...

The HoustonBusiness.com? Outdoor Dynamic Billboard System? is comprised of advertisement-by-the-day billboards strategically located at heavily-trafficked parts of the Houston area. We currently operate four billboards on our Dynamic Billboard System?. The billboard locations and pricing information are as follows:

290 at Jones Rd.

290 at Fairbanks N. Houston

59 at Will Clayton Pkwy

1960 at Hwy. 249

Audience:

100,000 vehicles daily

150,000 vehicles daily

170,000 vehicles daily

70,000 vehicles daily

Ad Space:

3 lines, 32 characters per line

4 lines, 32 characters per line

3 Days or Less:

$200 per day

$200 per day

$180 per day

$180 per day

4 Days or More:

$175 per day

$175 per day

$155 per day

$155 per day

• gumby
    gumby

I wonder how many reading it would look it up or show concern. It would be an awesome slap in the face to headquarters.... and keep seeds planted for doubting dubs. Could work.

Gumby

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yep, then they click on the url and read "The site you are trying to view has been closed down due to some unforseen circumstance which befalls us all, for further accurate knowledge (John 17:3), please consult Rev:21:4 and then you too may have the happy prospect of living forever in paradise on earth before the generation that saw the beginning of 1914 passes away" Re: WT latest crackdown on apostate sites.

Great idea by the way

Brummie

• Swan
    Swan

It's too ambiguous!

The average driver is going to think it's those damn Jehovah's again. The average JW is going to think it's those damn apostates again.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I would love to see either of these on a billboard !!!

• Brummie
    Brummie

Yes @ swan, perhaps the 2nd line should read simtin like "Find out why you shouldnt open the door to JWs"

• Englishman
    Englishman

Knock knock!

Who's there?

Mayonaisse!

Mayonaisse who?

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord...

Englishman.

• Wallflower
    Wallflower

Knock, Knock

Who's there?

Police

Police who?

Police be a not at home.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Probably not worth the cash...

CZAR