Name the cuts the WTS has made in the last decade to save $$$

by Winston Smith :>D 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

In light of the well placed speculation of the Awake going from bi-monthly to monthly publication, all arrows seem to point to the WTS attempting to consolidate their operations to save $.

As metatron has stated, it looks like a death spiral for the WTS. Maybe that's overstating it, or maybe it's closer to the truth.

Here are some items I can think of that the WTS has done in the last 10 years to save $

1. no more subscriptions
    2. elimination of food service at assemblies and conventions
    3. hardcover 192 page books moved to softcover
    4. printing more items [name badges, DC programs, etc..] in two color instead of 4 color process
    5. Selling the Furman building in Brooklyn Heights

Anyone else?

• jgnat
    jgnat

My honey mourns the end of hardcover yearbooks.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Downsizing the shitty JW calendar
    Holding conventions in hot, smelly locations outside the city
    Cut down on new releases except crappy tracts & brochures

• Gill
    Gill

I believe that there is more sharing of Kingdum Halls rather than building new ones.

Assemblys are only three days long instead of five to seven, thank God!

Circuit Assemblys have been cut to one day for one of the six month assemblys.

There used to be a new study book each time a new book was to be studied on Tues group now there is constant repeats and repeats and repeats...........

Could they be running out of crap to teach. All diahorreared out I hope!

• metatron
    metatron

It doesn't count as a money saving cut but they lost a bunch of cash flow on assembly parking tickets

because of their bone headed inflexibility.

The story goes that an elder out on the west coast lost faith and started questioning the organization. They railroaded

him into being disfellowshipped for apostasy. He had knowledge of the convention rental agreements and the terms

that dictated that , if they charged for parking, the city/owner was entitled to a cut of the revenue. The Society knew about

this agreement which is why they charged for parking , OFF-SITE , at the Kingdom Hall before the assembly.

He exposed this subterfuge and got them into trouble - so that they had to dump the arrangement ($).

metatron

• blondie
    blondie

Changes in shipping literature to the congregations

Electronic paying of loans (money is in the bank sooner and earns more interest)

Selling many smaller properties in Brooklyn Heights at a large profit and building 4 tower residence buildings suitable for later resale

Moving printing equipment from France to Britain in anticipation of losing court case re taxes in France

• metatron
    metatron

Massive downsizing of printing in Brooklyn. Loss of about 1000 Bethelites over time, as positions were eliminated

metatron

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

Kingdom Halls used to be like McDonalds in that you never saw either go out of business. Now the Hall I went to as a kid has become a Unitarian Church (or some other denomination).

• VM44
    VM44

Hi metratron,

He exposed this subterfuge and got them into trouble - so that they had to dump the arrangement ($).

Wasn't the person who did that VeniceIT's dad?

--VM44

• seedy3
    seedy3
    There used to be a new study book each time a new book was to be studied on Tues group now there is constant repeats and repeats and repeats...........

Well it costs so much less money to have everyone review the previous books then to print new ones..................WAIT!!!!!!!!!! perhaps, they have ran out of new light.......................Maybe they'll start back on the "Studies in the Scriptures" and review all the old light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit