What's Everyone's Favorite JW "Urban Legend?"

by Jaypeeto 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

My personal favorite, popular in my area in 1982, was the story that little plastic "SMURF" dolls were biting the ankles of hapless Witness moms who had bought the demonic toys for their little children. Does everyone have a favorite laugh-out-loud JW urban legend? Please share!

Love, Jaypeeto

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Someone did a thread just like this about a month ago and I think it got to be about 4 pages long. Try the search function.

BTW - what part of FL are you in? I'm central FL on the east coast.

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

I'm in the greater Miami area. North Miami Beach, actually, though I work in downtown Miami.

Jaypeeto

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

- That worldy people loved Michael Jackson becuase they felt that he was "Michael the Archangel".

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

The Smart Smurf who got up and left the KH ... hehehe!!!

By far my favorite!!!

Love

ESTEE

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I love miami beach, was just down there in Oct with my sister. She wanted to do the touristy south beach thing. I don't think it's the same though, I remember 10 years ago it being so much fun, so many young hip people, the model scene. South Beach now reminded me of some thugish MTX video, too many cars just driving slowly showing off their rims and booming stereos.

• Oxnard Hamster
    Oxnard Hamster
    Someone did a thread just like this about a month ago and I think it got to be about 4 pages long. Try the search function.

I tried the search function, but I received an error message. Anyway, I'll share a couple.

- A couple of middle aged men claimed that when they were about to be attacked by dogs, the dogs were mysteriously yanked backward, as if an angel suddenly jerked hard on their leashes.

- On older guy claimed that a JW couple who devoted their time to collecting material goods at garage sales picked up a cursed item, which supposedly unleashed spirits and all that jazz. To be honest, the same guy who made this claim never had much credibility in my eyes; he always said stuff about which I was skeptical.

• under74
    under74

Well, smurf getting up and walking out of the KH was pretty good.

I also liked the one about the pioneer woman who went to the door of a convicted rapist and he didn't attack her because he saw a really big guy next to her but she was actually alone....

there's another one about demons coming out of wallpaper that scared the hell out of me when I was younger.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

A couple of my favorites....

The one about the witness family that were flipping through the TV channels and they happened across a broadcast of "The Excorcist". The family tried and tried to get the TV to switch channels but it wouldn't budge.They tried to turn the set off, no dice. Even when the tube was unplugged, the hell-spawn movie kept going. It was only after they all called on the name of Jah that they were rescued.

Or the one about the teen publisher that got drunk while out with her worldy friends and she ended up sleeping with a guy at a party. When she woke up the next morn, Casanova was nowhere to be found but scrawled on the bathroom mirror in lipstick was "welcome to the world of AIDS"

Good times!

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Here's the link to the thread and it was 2 pages.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/81235/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit