Strange Mail...

by silentlambs 14 Replies latest jw friends

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

i got my first crank mailing today. it was a large envelope containing the following:

1. Two paper plates together.
    2. plastic fork and spoon.
    3. three small packets of ketchup.
    4. one packet of mayonnaise.
    5. two packets of salt and pepper.
    6. pair of old boxer shorts with the seat ripped out.

no message or writing, perhaps what is listed above is the message in totality. would the message be this person does not believe there is a problem with child molestation coverups within wt? i wonder if i should forward it on to wt?

it is interesting to note he did provide a return address, the reason why escapes me to this point. if anyone would like to correspond with this person his address is:

tom frank
    2121 tenth avenue
    ada, mi 84707

enjoy....

• teejay
    teejay

Bill,

If the address you have provided is legitemate, you may have broken a law or two. You do not know if the package you received actually came from that address, but you are setting up the residents with who knows what consequences. Imo, you need to edit this message.

peace,
    todd

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Very strange indeed. I can't imagine the significance of the items sent to you.

Please keep us posted.

I agree with teejay, you probably ought to delete the address or at least part of it.

• Copernicus
    Copernicus

Eat my shorts???

Bill - My opinion? Don't play into it my encouraging any responses. Who knows what the game may be.

• willy_think
    willy_think

silentlambs

frist let me say, of all the people on the net you are one of the best.

i think he (he not she) is telling you to "eat shit."

he did provide a return address, the reason why escapes me to this point.

trap/setup/two birds with one stone?

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

SilentLambs,

The message seems to be, "Eat my shorts." This is a favorite saying of Bart Simpson, I think.

As for the address, it appears to be bogus. There is no Tenth Avenue in Ada, Michigan; there isn't even a 2121 Tenth Street. The zip code is not a valid one, and certainly not for Michigan. One of the zip codes for Detroit, for example, is 48201.

Ginny

P.S. Does the envelope have a postmark? That would tell you something. Also, if I did anything, I'd report it to the U.S. Postal Service.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Teejay,

I'm just curious. What laws might have SilentLambs broken by posting this address?

Everyone here seems to respect the wishes of some to maintain privacy, but I don't know of any laws against posting addresses on discussion boards.

Ginny

• seven006
    seven006

Bill,
    I don't mean to alarm you but just in case the person who sent you the package is a little more then just crazy you might want to put each and every thing you received in a plastic bag, including the package it was sent in. Try not to handle them any more than you have. Just in case it starts to get a little weird there are fibers all over the stuff that was sent and if necessary they can be traced. Store all the things in a place that would be hard for someone to find and let a friend you trust know where you have put them.

It's probably just a sick joke but you never know.

Dave

• ros
    ros

Tom must have done something to annoy FRED.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi SL: The 847xx US POstal Zip codes apply to Southern Utah. The Ada, Michigan area are 48xxx numbers. So, what does the actual postmark show? That would tell you where it is actaully mailed from. By the way, Ada, Michigan is the main center-headquarters for Amway Corp. The ZIP code the person used, ifg really from Michigan, may have been inverted from the real ZIP code, because an 847xx vs a 48xxx is very close and easy to invert.

If there is no postmark, then that likely means the package is from a local person who delivered it themselves, and illegally placed it in your mail box. You might consider notifying the police anyway, just to be sure that there is a documented record in case the harassment gets worse, or threatening. The police can life fingerprints from the package. They will see yours from handling it, but they can log any additional fingerprints.

It would be interesting to know where this thing came from. - Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit