Blood Fractions and Your Conscience

by FairMind 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I think we have to stop donating our time.... money..... and breath to this machine

• Gill
    Gill

When discussing the blood fractions issue with my parents it became obvious that the blood fractions issue had not been understood at all by my mother who insisted it was not true and only slightly by my father. What was also obvious was that, like many long term JWs they had lost the thinking capacity to be able to see the hypocrisy in what is happening.

Very sad!

• blondie
    blondie
    When discussing the blood fractions issue with my parents it became obvious that the blood fractions issue had not been understood at all by my mother who insisted it was not true and only slightly by my father. What was also obvious was that, like many long term JWs they had lost the thinking capacity to be able to see the hypocrisy in what is happening.

I think, Gill, what the real problem is that the WTS does not provide specific explanations or sources of information as to what these products are and how they are made. Have you seen Hemopure and any other product name used in the WT publications. Even the HLCs do not provide information to the rank and file but refer you to your doctor for the specifics on these products and their safety.

I mentioned to several active JWs that hemoglobin-based products were made out of out-dated, stored blood showing them the URLs of the companies who made them. They were appalled as they did not feel using stored blood this way was right and couldn't understand how the WTS could allow them. The WTS purposesly clouds the details.

Blondie

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink
    couldn't understand how the WTS could allow them.

That is the point actually... they want to follow RULES, they want to be told if they are ALLOWED or not allowed to do things. The best thing in parenting that you can learn is CONSISTENCY. You can't change the rules or it causes problems.

I think that is what is going to happen. A lot of these old timers JWs are going to get confused with the rule changes, how 20 years ago they weren't allowed and now all of the sudden they are allowed. I did mention it in an email to my mother 2 weeks ago and she hasn't responded at all, which tells me that she isn't happy about it either. She is very dogmatic about the blood issue, and I was a blood issue baby at birth.

This maneuver might cause more damage, it might take a long time for the ripple effect, but it's definitely going to plant some seeds of doubt.

• Fleur
    Fleur
    I think, Gill, what the real problem is that the WTS does not provide specific explanations or sources of information as to what these products are and how they are made. Have you seen Hemopure and any other product name used in the WT publications. Even the HLCs do not provide information to the rank and file but refer you to your doctor for the specifics on these products and their safety.

I mentioned to several active JWs that hemoglobin-based products were made out of out-dated, stored blood showing them the URLs of the companies who made them. They were appalled as they did not feel using stored blood this way was right and couldn't understand how the WTS could allow them. The WTS purposesly clouds the details.

YES; they definitely do Blondie. My mother was horrified when she did some looking into these fraction products and found out that some were made of outdated blood. She says that she believes that there are apostates who have snuck into the organization and are trying to deliberately mislead god's people. My father, taking a more stoic approach, says "It's all about legalities." He doesn't buy into everything that the organization does, never did. I think the only reason he never outright left and has just faded is because of my mother. He still believes though that any blood products break the law of god.

They know that they can't come out and tell people forthrightly where the fractions come from. They're counting on the blind obediance of the rank and file. If they said "you can't take the blood but you can take things made from the blood once it's too old to transfuse" can you imagine what would happen? The only sound left besides the speaker's voice in the Hall would be crickets chirping outside.

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit