Blood Fractions and Your Conscience

by FairMind 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FairMind
    FairMind

For arguments sake let’s assume that the WTS’ teachings that the Bible’s prohibition against blood is valid with regard to accepting a transfusion. JWs are now being told that while they cannot accept “whole blood” or “whole blood components” such as red blood cells, white blood cells and blood plasma, they can if their conscience permits accept blood fractions. If a JWs’ conscience permits him/her to accept blood fractions they are being asked to state which blood fractions they can conscientiously accept and which ones they cannot.

I have thought quite a bit about how and why the accepting of some blood fractions and not others is supposedly a conscience matter. The whole idea of prohibiting whole blood transfusions bur permitting the acceptance of any fractions seems, to me, to be contradictory to say the least. However my question is regarding blood fractions. In my opinion a person whose conscience allows them to accept even one blood fraction should conscientiously be able to accept all of them. What from a conscience perspective makes one blood fraction any different from the rest of them? Is there something I’m missing here?

FM

• Fleur
    Fleur
    However my question is regarding blood fractions. In my opinion a person whose conscience allows them to accept even one blood fraction should conscientiously be able to accept all of them. What from a conscience perspective makes one blood fraction any different from the rest of them? Is there something I?m missing here?

I call it the salad syndrome. How much lettuce has to go in before you call it a salad? Are just the inner leaves of the head of lettuce acceptable, or is eating the outside leaves okay as long as you skip the middle, or are you just supposed to skip produce all together? Can you eat all the componants as long as they're served in seperate bowls?

I know that a lot of 'old school' jw's are having issues with this whole thing. My parents are refusing to fill out the new paperwork, mom said that it was confusing and allowed too much room for error in her opinion...she also said that if "you pour it on the ground and cover it with dust, you aren't going to divide it into fractions first." dad says he thinks it's legal manuevering.

I think the GB don't even realize yet how many people are very upset with all this.

I can't answer why a person's conscience would allow them to take one and not another...I guess the GB guys are just trying to cover their butts legally while appearing to still uphold the ban on blood that they say the Bible demands.

~essie

• mjarka911
    mjarka911

And isn't it still taboo to give blood. Where do they think they are geting the fractions from? Plus I thought they still thought you couldn't store blood. Blood fractions are obviously made from blood that has been drawn and stored.

It gives me a headache!

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Sadly, most JWs don't realize their beloved religion turned into a beloved legalistic entity years ago. It's no longer what Jehovah says but what the legal department says. The Governing Body has sold its soul to the legal department cowardly leaving God and brother in the dust in order to protect their true God: The Corporations!

They are hypocrites, liars, child murderers and every other thing imaginable. Their blood policy is a lie and they know it.

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

This topic was brought up in my hall recently. The elder presented a biblical verse that states if one's action were to affect a brothers perspective it would be a sin against the holy spirit, which is considered a significant sin. Though the JW are given the option to obtain blood fractions it would not be supported by the JW. Basically the blood fractions is a sin even though its an option given on the blood card.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

It's rather sad to me that JWs can't see through the clearly hypocrisy of the WT on the blood issue. Instead they prefer to stand by and watch their loved ones die every year by the thousands upon the alter of the WT disastrous policy on blood that now clearly does nothing but attempts to keep their butts out of litigation fire.

The old school JWs I know aren't even thinking about the ramifications of this, they're just following along and when asked or probed about it, they just dodge and evade to protect the WT image. It appears to me that they would be lost if they didn't have the WT to believe in.

• AlanF
    AlanF

I don't think there's any way one can rationalize this harebrained doctrine.

AlanF

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    The elder presented a biblical verse that states if one's action were to affect a brothers perspective it would be a sin against the holy spirit, which is considered a significant sin.

Ahhh......unity conformity through the use of the, get out of jail free "do nothing that would be a cause for stumbling" clause.

The hard-nose JWs use this on each other all the time....

I get it....

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation loves to micro manage. That extends down to blood fractions in medical treatment. They are religious fanatics owning and operating a multi billion dollar publishing, convention sponsoring, banking, and real estate development business. They have six million plus people lined up to happily give over their will and their lives to the malevolent dictators. The Watch Tower Corporation's relationship with the Witness people is preparation meeting opportunity . . . . sort of like a pick pocket at a ball game.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The Apostle Paul said that you can eat unbled meat, no problem, "no need to raise questions of conscience," "there are no forbidden things," just be sure to respect others' feelings (1 Corinthians 10:23-30).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit