Is Satan, Jehovah in the O.T.

by Golf 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

What say you. Cults have unhesitatingly used the name Jehovah in their rituals, so, is the Jehovah in the O.T., really Jehovah God Satan?

• Dustin
    Dustin

I'm starting to believe that Jehovah originally started out as a good God. Then he became evil over time, thus Satan is what Jehovah became. I've been thinking about doing more research into this theory.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It is funny that occultists and mages use the tetragrammeton in their rituals. I know that an omniscient, omnipotent yhwh doesn't exist. However, i suppose there could be a yhwh spirit imp or something. Mystics are sometimes blocked/distracted in their paths by little gods. Sometimes they transcend them.

S

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

This is what Marcion believed...or more specifically, that the Lord of the OT who created the world (the Demiurge) is the evil force in opposition of the loving Father.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Way back, when I was a janitor, I worked at a liberal arts private school (Catlin Gable). In the course of my work, I had the chance to look at some books in the library.

One that I perused was a collation of incantations, including both 'white' and 'black' magic. I was surprised to see how often "Jehovah" was incorporated in both...and not necessarily as "white."

Also, as Satanus observed, that pesky little Tetra cropped up in more than a few places.

And as LeoL remarks...well, shall we just say that Marcion was nothing more than a classic 2nd-century apostate, one step below Origen (I can't remember which one of them it was that self-castrated???) ?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yup, Origen was the one who "made himself a eunuch"...you'd prolly do good in a "Church Fathers" version of Trivial Pursuit. :)

• onacruse
    onacruse
    you'd prolly do good in a "Church Fathers" version of Trivial Pursuit. :)

LOLOLOL

Please...if I ever get to that point in my life in a TP game, just take me out into the deep woods, point me south, and put a 0.50 through the back of my head.

{Penetrative and explosive rounds preferred }

When I thusly get to heaven (along with Origen and Marcion), I'll profusely thank you for your mercy.

• Valis
    Valis
    When I thusly get to heaven (along with Origen and Marcion), I'll profusely thank you for your mercy.

more like Onanism and a Maricon'!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• gumby
    gumby

Well shit! I thought Onacruse was STILL a janitor! He changed jobs?

I'll tell you one thing.....Satan was correct and Jehovah lied.

When Jehover told Adam he would die if he ate the fruit...Satan said he would NOT die. He was right.

Satan also told the truth concerning Adam and Eves 'EYES" being opened and becoming like god knowing good and bad if they would eat the fruit. Jehover agreed that they had become like him in knowing good and bad.

Seems to me that Jehovah was the one who was full of shit.

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis
    Well shit! I thought Onacruse was STILL a janitor! He changed jobs?

last I heard he was doing gardening work for some task master named Kate..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit