What's On Your To-Do List?

by BrendaCloutier 10 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Throughout my life there have always been things I've wanted to do, places to go, things to experience.

When I was 14 I read Nat Geo's articles on Robin Graham's circumnavigation aboard Dove and Dove II, so I wanted to learn to sail and sail the S Pacific.

When I was 25 I began sailing, then racing. I've cruise or raced up and down the Pac. from Vanc Isl to Zihuatenejo, MX. But I've not been to the S Pacific by boat, and because of age/health probably wont.

I've always wanted to fly over to London or Paris on the Concord, and then since it's completion, chunnel back to the other city. Chunnel is still on the list, but I'm too late on the Concord.

I've wanted to learn to hangglide, and get my Captain's or Master's boating license. Too late.

Growing up I wanted to go to Alaska, Hawaii, Florida, Maine. The 4 corner points of the US. I've been to Florida and Hawaii.

So, here's my list:

Alaska
    Maine
    London Chunnel to Paris for lunch or overnight, then back
    Brittish Isles
    Salsbury Plain, Scotland, Ireland, etc.
    Western Europe
    Morrocco
    Egypt
    Kenya
    S America in general
    Tierra del Fuego (Isl of Fire) Southern tip of S America
    Cape of Good Hope S. Tip Africa
    Midnight Sun
    Ice Hotel
    Northern Lights
    Southern Cross from out at sea
    Bora Bora
    Marquesas
    Visit Daniel of Daniel's Bay (Survivor Marquesas) who carved Kevan's Tiki
    New Zeland
    E coast Australia (friends live in Brisbane)

So, what's on your life's to-do list?

• Mulan
    Mulan

I want to go to Maine and see the town my ancestors founded, and the houses they built that are still there from the 1700's.

I want to go to England and track my ancestors and see their homes..............that are still there. I've been to England twice, but not since I learned all the neat stuff about my forbears.

I want to go on a cruise..............we've traveled a lot but never on a cruise ship.

• upside/down
    upside/down

That's why I LOVE the concept of living forever on a Paradis Earth- without the Dub's.

There's just not enough time and health to do it all- I WANT IT ALL, and "God" made me this way, and "God" don't make junk (saw this phrase on a kids Tshirt).lol

U/d

• franklin J
    franklin J

Brenda,

good for you. Your list is GREAT and I cheer you on for your abilities!

I also race sailboats; 12 meters, having enjoyed that sport for years. Ericson 39 and C&C 40.

As a young ( 14 years also) Jw kid, I also remember Robin Grahms adventures sailing across the globe in National Geographic. It impressed me then; and it impresses me years later ( how could his parents have allowed it?)

That is now the last unfulfilled event in my life. When my kids are grown ( and college is payed up; I might add!) It is my fantasy to sail around the world. My wife has already said she will not come with me. ( landlubber). I may just have to be content to sail around Long Island sound and come back home to her on weekends!

regards, Frank

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

To move, buy a new vehicle, get a job in the ob/gyn field, make new friends, get the kids to better schools.

Get offline and do the laundry

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hey, Frank, another Racer! I stuck with smaller boats, 33' (quarter-tonners) and smaller. The bigger boats were just too big, and I didn't like being stuck in a single "pull that line when I say so" position. I loved foredeck. I also did a couple years in dingy's - Thistles and 505's Talk about adrenalin rush! I sure do wish I were in that physical condition today. My abs and legs were awesome - gotta be to droup-hike.

If your wife will sail, you can bareboat charter yourselves around the world now, in two week increments, without the trans-oceanic crossings!

Me, I just don't wanna beat upwind for more than a couple hours. We beat up the Baja coast for 10 days straight in 18-25kt winds, always on the nose, and 5-10ft seas with occasional cross-seas, always on the nose. Ugh.

Stephanie, ya gotta dream bigger, hon. That's day-to-day living stuff.

Oh, yeah, one more item:

To go on a cruise (smaller cruise boat preferred) through the Panama Canal.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    get a job in the ob/gyn field

Oops, sorry Steph, that's a good one. But dream BIGGER!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Its not always about the money. I love babies, and would love to bring them into this world.

It might not be a good enough for some people, but for me, its something I can see myself doing for a very long time.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Steph, I hope I didn't insult too badly. I'm a Saggitarius (triple!) and an dreamer/adventurer. It's part of who I am and have always been.

Ugh, I gotta go stew up a chicken for enchiladas for Wed night company.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Go back to Hawaii

Visit Italy and Greece

Finish college (which feels like forever!)

Make it in the music business as a songwriter

Wake up and jog in the mornings

Move to Florida

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit