Prince is going to be a presenter at tonight's People's Choice Awards

by orbison11 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

At least Prince has made *some* attempt to stand up for his faith, as required by Watchtower Penile Section: 4.102, in that he has refused to sing sexual, violent, or graphic lyrics.. He has also subjected his fans to booklets being put out at his "pre-parties" that he has, and rants about religion.

His wife is pretty cute. Hell, if I was a 40-something pathetic former star with a career that was lapsing into the gray zone... I'd hang on to someone that cute, too!

Don't get me wrong. I think Prince is a genius in the music department, but geesh.. such a radical change must be grating on his nerves. I guess the folks in Minneapolis or Toronto are just more liberal JWs and can accept his his part of the world as "no" part of the world. Go figure.. Must be them hefty donations...

however, I keep wondering about those Williams girls! One wore a blouse that was totally see-through with no bra on, and she's still a Witness? I don't guess we'll ever know unless we actually know someone that goes to their congregations. Hope we'll meet some here...

Country Girl

• teejay
    teejay
    if I was a 40-something pathetic former star with a career that was lapsing into the gray zone....

According to Yahoo news (and tons of other sources), Prince's critically acclaimed Musicology Tour was the highest grossing ($87.4 million in ticket sales) and most attended (1.5 million concert-goers) tour of 2004; and Musicology, his latest release considered by fans and critics alike to be his best album in years, spent most of the summer on Billboard's top 10. Wish *I* was that kind of "pathetic".

That said, I wonder if we'll hear the name "Jehovah" at any time tonight. I await with bated breath...

• minimus
    minimus

Prine is clearly no has been. I like the brother!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Here's a photo of Prince and Mani at the Oceans Twelve premier in Hollywood last month.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

...and he attended a Lakers game on Christmas Day...is that a tract in his hand?

• teejay
    teejay

Almost missed this...

I keep wondering about those Williams girls! One wore a blouse that was totally see-through with no bra on...

I absolutely believe this to be an untrue and desperately malicious, not to mention fallacious, falsehood.

Um... you wouldn't happen to have pics to substantiate such a nefarious claim, would you?? For the sake of truth, is all.

Truth. Truth. Just gimme summa dat truth!

• TresHappy
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

oh heck if i had boobs like that i'd run around in see thru shirts too.

use it before you lose it girlfriend!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Well, Teejay, I am pathetically WRONG on the MUSICOLOGY tour then. It was mostly just my own personal opinion that I think Prince's music is seriously affected by this. I think he may be still living on his own legend, which is just fine. Have you heard his latest releases? Although they are nice, they don't seem to be anything to write home about. I personally thought his Rainbow Children album stunk with all its references to the Society, New World, etc. That may be my own bias shining through. Prince is definitely brilliant music-wise, but he's not doing as well as he used to, and that is just MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION.

His wife is a beauty. I'd maybe even give up my own religion for her...

CG

P.S. I don't have to substantiate. The picture above says it all. Thanks Tres!

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Teeeej:

Now would I lie to YOU? <smiles> Glad you got to get your groove on..

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit