Looks like its started!

by bagpuss 12 Replies latest jw friends

• bagpuss
    bagpuss

Today while out shopping I met someone who used to be in the same congregation as me,but who hadn't been to a meeting for years.After chatting about families for a while he told me that he had just started going to meetings again. Confused when I didn't seem overjoyed he asked if I was still going.He seemed genuinely shocked when I said no,but even more so when in response to his question I told him no,I'm not going back.His next comment I thought was quite telling. "what,not even with all the things happening in the world at the moment?"

Yes,I do believe its started. The return of those who feel the need to rush to the kingdom hall when a disaster strikes! It was always noticable that the hall was a bit busier at these times.It never lasted.As soon as the danger passed they would disappear.Was it similar in your congregation? Did you always receive these ones with "joy" or did you ever think what a hypocrite? Be honest now!!

By the way, his last comment to me was "I hope you change your mind". I was very tempted to say I bet you change yours first!

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

I don't recall if there was increased attendance or activity after disasters would strike, but in answer to your question, I never considered anyone a hypocrite for suddenly attending or suddenly being active for whatever their reason. I always assumed it was sincere; that they felt the need to "do the right thing."

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Yes,I do believe its started. The return of those who feel the need to rush to the kingdom hall when a disaster strikes!

those wusses...

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

witnesses love this "sudden return when disaster strikes." why else would people return unless they knew it was the truth? it solidifies their belief that when armageddon comes, if you're not with Jah's bOrg, then you're doomed. i think it is very hypocritical of the people who do return after disasters because you can plainly see WHY they want to be associated with the society. for salvation and for salvation ONLY. but the friends welcome them back like they're a sincere prodigal son.

bethelights

• gumby
    gumby

First of all...humans look after their own arse regardless what group they belong to if they feel their life was in danger. If Jesus spoke from the clouds today....the churches would be packed because people believe they can fool god with a pretense of love for him. They feel god is not clever enough to see why they suddenly turn spiritual. hese are like non-meeting attenders except when the C.O. visits or it's the Memorial.

If you want to see people serve god out of fear....just look at the Feild Service Graph starting in 1974-1976. 1975 passes with no armageddon and Feild Service takes a poop shortly after, yet 1974-75 shows feild service hours go through the roof.

Gumby

• Mulan
    Mulan

We had an earthquake in Seattle back in the 60's on a Tuesday morning. It was quite a shaker too. I remember the Thursday meeting was packed. Lots of them thought Armageddon was surely coming very soon.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    If you want to see people serve god out of fear....just look at the Feild Service Graph starting in 1974-1976. 1975 passes with no armageddon and Feild Service takes a poop shortly after...

Hey Gumby! You KNOW that Jehovah God was "testing" people to see if they'd stay loyal even after the 1975 date passed. Jehovah allowed a "sifting" to occur, so that those who stayed could prove that they weren't serving until a certain date passed.

Didn't Jehovah have recorded in his written Word (or didn't it say in the Watchtower somewhere) that there would be a cleansing of his "organization" in the time of the end?

Jehovah lied (through his organization) about 1975, but it was only to see who loved the truth. He was only testing ya!

It's all so simple.

• Princess
    Princess

In the weeks following 9/11, the churches were packed right along with the Kingdom Halls.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

What will really happen when it does come? Panic, pandemonium, run over someone else in a stampede.
    Yes I can visualize it all now. What theocratic organization order? Oops get out of my way I am going to hide first, you find your own hide out.
    Chaos and stampeding I see it all now.

Ofc

• upside/down
    upside/down

Again I blame organized religion...

They actually have people believing that "God" is that stupid!

Live a sh*tty life and when storm clouds gather on the horizon, flee to oranized religion- and "God" will never notice where you've beenor what yor doing.

I know pagans that are more honest with themselves than this..... PAALEEEZ!

Okay children, did everyone go potty- Jesus is coming! I hope you all washed your hands.

Condescending drivel,

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit