New unofficial JW web site opportunity?

by IT Support 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

HA! Good luck on collecting volunteers. Get them to PM you. I thought of another one, other JW sites do it and my honey loves 'em. A lovely bookmark sized PDF with the years' book study schedule printed on it.

• IT Support
    IT Support

jgnat,

A lovely bookmark sized PDF with the years' book study schedule printed on it.

Thanks but no thanks for your further suggestion! I've seen far too many cheesy, trite little bookmarks to last a lifetime, thank you very much! Mind you, it's exactly the sort of thing JWs love--so maybe it's not such a bad idea after all!

Good luck on collecting volunteers. Get them to PM you.

I'd love to have the time to do it myself, but don't.

Is anyone interested in picking this up and running with it?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I think it's an interesting idea, but I do have some reservations. Wouldn't you be opening yourself up to lawsuits from the Watchtower? They have a boatload of free lawyers that would just love to soak up all your funds, even if they ultimately lose. Would it be worth the risk?

If you were found out, and you almost surely would be, wouldn't it confirm in the Dub's minds that apostates are liars and deceivers? It could backfire. Of course, they already believe that and will find all the evidence they need to believe it already, so maybe that's not a significant point.

If you do it, you can probably save yourself some time by using some prebuilt software. Some forum software like phpBB or PHPnuke would allow you to concentrate on content instead of development.

• IT Support
    IT Support

AlmostAthiest,

Wouldn't you be opening yourself up to lawsuits from the Watchtower?

Not if, as previously discussed, an alternative Bible translation was quoted: e.g. NRSV. Having said that, wouldn't the 'fair use' provisions apply, even if the NWT was quoted?

wouldn't it confirm in the Dub's minds that apostates are liars and deceivers?

Only if something was stated on the website that was untrue or intended to deceive.

If you do it, you can probably save yourself some time by using some prebuilt software. Some forum software like phpBB or PHPnuke would allow you to concentrate on content instead of development.

Even better!

So, has anyone got the time and iinclination to prepare the material?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit