Have Fun Applying Scriptures To The Witnesses/Organization

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Ecclesiastes 12:12 As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.

2 Timothy 3:5-7 having a form of godly devotion but proving flase to its power; and from these turn away. For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households and lead as their captives weak women loaded down with sins, led by various desires, always learning yet never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth.

• Mary
    Mary

*** Rbi8 Matthew 23:4-8 ***

They bind up heavy loads and put them upon the shoulders of everyone in the congregation, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger. 5 All the works they do they do to be viewed by men; for they broaden the hundreds of man-made rules that they wear as safeguards, and enlarge the size of their homes and cars. 6 They like the most prominent place at evening meals and the front seats at the assemblies and meetings, 7 and the greetings in the marketplaces and to be called a Circuit Overseer, District Overseer, Governing Body member or Bethelite, by men.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

ALL good ones, yall....excellent!

My personal favorites, of course, are some of the scriptures that definitely indict the WTS and its teachings.

For example, 1st John 2:21..."no lie originates with the truth." Of course, we all know about their "waffling" prophecies.

And then there's 2nd John 7....."For many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the anti-christ."

The reason this last one applies to the WTS and its teachings is because the Greek word translated for "coming" is actually in the future perfect tense in this instance as well as other examples of its usage that I examined.

Frannie

• Golf
    Golf

Of the many scriptures that can be used, here's the one I often use. "...do you, however, the one teaching someone else, not teach yourself?" Romans 2:21

In short, do you practice what you preach? I believe in examples.

Guest77

• minimus
    minimus

Genesis 1:1, "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth". ....From the "beginning" of the theocratic "God created" organization, the "heavens" (God's Messianic kingdom) and the "earth" (human society), were at one with Jehovah "God".

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

i haven't picked up any of many bibles in several weeks, funny, after reading this thread I just feel like doing some personal bible study. ; )

• Greenpalmtreestillmine
    Greenpalmtreestillmine

Matthew 23:23-28 in honor of the Watchtower:

Woe to you, Service Dept. & Writing Dept. Elders, hypocrites!

Because you give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but you have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. Blind Bethel Elders, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel!

Woe to you, Congregation Elders, hypocrites!

Because you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. Blind Elders, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean.

Woe to you, Governing Body, hypocrites!

Because you resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men's bones and of every sort of uncleanness. In that way you also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

always learning but never able to come to an accurate knowledge

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Ecl 12 vs 12 - To the making of many books there is no end ----

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

My two favorites are Mt.23:15 and Mt.23:23.The latter one is already covered here so I'll expand on mt.23:15.

Ever notice how far they'll travel,how long they'll study with one person,how out of their way they'll go for someone who is just studying,practically holding you by the hand till the day you get baptized?Then when they can't use you to pad their service report,you're not as important as you were made to feel.Basically,you're on your own now,go get your own calls,rv's,studies,hours,placements....and if you don't meet our righteous standards,we'll condemn you till you quit!

Sound familiar?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit