Have Fun Applying Scriptures To The Witnesses/Organization

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was thinking of how the Watchtower always seems to be using a scripture and SOMEHOW applying it to themselves. Let's take some Bible verses or passages and have a little fun with making our own interpetation........Example# 1.....Matthew 25: 13, "Keep on the watch, therefore, because you know neither the day nor the hour"......"Keep on the watch" refers to our continuous reading of the Watchtower magazines and Watchtower publications. "YOU know neither the day or the hour" but the "faithful and discreet slave has insight into such matters and that is why we must always be on the alert and listen to them!.........Example # 2.....Mt. 5:4,"Happy are those who mourn, since they will be comforted"......Ever since 1950, Jehovah's chariotlike organization has instituted godly disfellowshipping. Those sinners "mourned" when disciplined for righteousness sake but once reinstated into Jehovah's happy people, they were "comforted", just as Jesus said on the Sermon on the Mount"............YOUR TURN>>>>>>>>>>

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thats too hard..i'll wait for one of your easier questions lol

• hamsterbait
  • hamsterbait
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

the "whitewashed graves" scripture keeps coming to mind..

• minimus
    minimus

All right. I'll help you. I'll provide some scriptures. You make the application------Hebrews 13:8, "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever"........Proverbs 18:10, "The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection".

• mann377
    mann377

Try Revelation 22:18,19 or Daniel 11: 32 I would apply these scriptures to the BS the WTBS has been up to for so long.

• Mary
    Mary

Ephesians 4:11: "...And he gave some as apostles, some as prophets, some as evangelizers, some as shepherds and teachers.."

w92 9/1 pp. 16-17 All True Christians Must Be Evangelizers ***

All Christians are under command to do this work and to "make disciples."

----------------------

Soooo why are ALL Christians under command to be an evangelizer, when Ephesians 4:11 clearly states that only "some" would be given this?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Deut 18:22

• eljefe
    eljefe

KJV 1 Kings 18:27 At noon Elijah mocked them, ?Yell louder. After all, he is a god; he may be deep in thought, or perhaps he stepped out for a moment or has taken a trip. Perhaps he is sleeping and needs to be awakened.?40 18:28 So they yelled louder and, in accordance with their prescribed ritual,41 mutilated themselves with swords and spears until their bodies were covered with blood.

The Watchtower Version
    At noon the X-JW's mocked them, ?Yell louder. After all, the end is coming; it may be deep in thought, or perhaps it stepped out for a moment or has taken a trip. Perhaps it is sleeping and needs to be awakened.? 18:28 So the Governing Body yelled louder and, in accordance with their prescribed ritual,41 mutilated themselves by sticking their feet in their mouths with false predictions until their bodies were covered with blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit