Do you really know western europe geography?

by one 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Dont forget The Vatican - though that is south european

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

and San Marino - a little City-State in Italy like Vatican City.

For me the new Balkan states (formal Yugo-Slavia) gives more problems. I know the names and capitals but somehow I mixe them all together.

On the other hand, when you asked me the names of the US states with their capitals - then I am at a loss.

Possible I could came up with 5 states (compared with the capitals that is) but I am afraid that's it.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've travelled over most of Europe. Trouble is, they all drive on the wrong side of the road except us!

Englishman.

• one
    one

Englishman,

am i blind? can you highlight Liechtenstein on the map ?

I don't see the "British Virgin" either

I've travelled over most of Europe. Trouble is, they all drive on the wrong side of the road except us!
    What about the steering wheel?
  • TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

The Prince owned LARGE estates all thru the dual monarchy Austria-Hungary, but after WWI lost them all (because his prescious German side lost), and was left with the tiniest of his land areas, little Liechtenstein.

A cute little story, which is true. comes from 1939, when the German troops marched towards Liechtenstein to invade, and the Liechtenstein Arch Bishop stood at the border, raised his right hand and said, "Stop! Here begins Liechtenstein!" The German General had a certain sense of humour, and told his troops to turn around, and so Liechtenstein like Switzerland was left unharmed and remained neutral during WWII.

TOH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit