Welcome Newbies!!!!!

by kls 35 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

Welcome to the forum everyone

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

low key:

sl is silentlambs.org That's the site Bill Bowen, an exwitnessexelder(ewee?) started for jw child abuse victims. Last year I had seen an article in the paper about what was going on and I went online and started reading the stories of the victims, wow. A year before when the Catholic Church scandal came out, I remember blatantly saying to my husband, "if I ever found out that the jw's were involved in a cover up like that, there would be problems" next I said "if I weren't a jw I'd have to be a pagan"

Check out silentlambs. Very interesting. The child abuse issue might have a lot to do with why so many of we newbies are here. I have told many, many people about the scandal and tell them to go to sl.

well, not a pagan, just not sure where I stand, everyone here has been really helpful though in helping me understand doctrines and flipflops and Ian had insights about buddhism. Sirona's info 'bout paganism has been interesting.Thanks to all.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

A BIG WARM WELCOME TO ALL OF THE NEW ONES - IT'S GOOD TO SEE SO MANY

twinkletoes

• Iskra
    Iskra

Thanks, its good to be here. My wife, Little Red Hen, got me interested in your forum. Its great to know there are other out there going through similar situations.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I have decided you all are really neat and though I avoid getting out, even on the internet, I have been logging on each day as if compelled. Maybe the hermit in me will change. I think maybe a few years ago I logged in here under one of my nicknames, but my computer kept crashing and Just like "Dory" in Nemo, I forget all kinds of things. Not this time thought, I have enjoyed this time around much more. So thank you for the welcome and I will join in here as I am able.

So many of you are hillarious and laughing is good.

• bebu
    bebu

WELCOME!!!

Used to be there were small cycles of newbies; now it's nearly on-going!

I personally love seeing so many new names here. I was never a JW, and so I felt pretty shy about logging on. I am so thankful that I didn't get chased off by all the established folks (and it's too late now! ). So I want everyone new (and all lurkers who are considering joining) to feel very welcome. There is no cap of 144,000 here. Everyone is welcome!

bebu

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome from somebody who is still a witness in good standing

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

stillajwexelder :

I am curious, I read your profile and you are still in and in good standing, and hate hypocracy...I t just makes me wonder why the searching here? It is good to see, but just curious. dont want to pry. I wonder about people and what makes you look. I am not sure how to word my question...just wondering. Some of my family is still in. 5 family members and all in good standing, maybe not toatally accepted and but in, and I wonder why? Well they wont answer, so I thought I would ask you.

My family that is in have each all done more DF ing things than look at a website, which is less than I did and I am out. So I always wondered what made the difference if you were in or out.

I can tell you sometimes sorrier and more repentant than I have ever been in my life, and I was DF'ed. Other times, talked a bunch of crap and lied and I was in.... Do you mind giving insite? This is by no means hostile... I am really, truly just asking a question for insight. I have never been an elder...of course, but most that I know that are in or out are either too self deluding, or too hostile to answer any questions with out giving programmed or hateful responses.

• kls
    kls

Think we need to bring this back to the top,,,,,,

• z
    z

I'm new here thx for all the info

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit