Amsterdam: What are the best coffeeshops for an American tourist?

by new light 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

My fave is The Rokerij;

http://www.rokerij.net/

The largest one (near Leidse Plein) is very cool and ethnic; a lot of coffeeshops in Amsterdam are just unimaginative clones.

But as has been said, in the central tourist districts there are loads, from the quite alright to the downright cheap and nasty.

• new light
    new light

Thanks everyone. I will definitely be hitting some of the head shops, Robdar. I plan on taking a record-breaking trip, if not more than one. Peyote is over the counter, right?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Abaddon. Looks like a great place to chill.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Amsterdam is one of the coolest places on earth - have fun

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

NL,

Holly shit man,,I hope you have some very enlightening trips. What about Ibogain?? 3 days of mental defrag work with that one.

• lawrence
    lawrence

The 'smart shops' have shrooms, but buttons are not sold - cactus are. Many varieties of shrooms from ALL OVER. Go out to Texel Island by train and boat and groove away from the city and the pigs.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

NL,

I hope you can find the right settings for your trips. If they sell the shrooms they must have accommidations for tripping near by. Some good shamanic music,,visuals or darkness.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

well on a budget early this year, I went with a crew from work and we stayed at the cookie cutter bulldog, but it was safe and clean and the fairies were a delight. Everyone smoked but I cant, so I visited the fairy friends. Ya know I see now why people must have a clean mind to do some things. Found out I am a relaly good person and actually the best part of the trip was the march thru the city in protest of the bombing of Madrid. It really made any fun planned small in comparison and I sat and watched history in the making as thousands lined up a dozen deep as far as I could see to the center of the city. It really was something I will never forget. Quite moving

• new light
    new light
    What about Ibogain?? 3 days of mental defrag work with that one.

Yeah, I'd love to try that stuff, but I think it would be best done at home. Tough to find, though, especially here in the northeast. Since buttons are aparrently unavailable, I'm gonna go with the "philosopher's stone" as a first choice. It's a fungus, but it's a truffle, not a stem and cap mushroom. I read that it's all thought and not too much visual, which seems like a safer bet in an unfamiliar city. I like your phrase "mental defrag". It perfectly sums up the goal.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

NL,

If you get a chance read "The Holotropic Mind" by Stanislav Grof,M. D. I think he has some rather good things to say about ego death. I think you need about 6 dried grams of good cubanus to do it but not sure of the dose for "philosopher's stone" but if it is 50% water then perhaps 12 grams?? If you ingest 3 grams of Serian Rue in a tea 1/2 before or in capsle forn 2hours before,, you double the strenght of the mushroom,, you just have to whatch your diet a day before and durring the trip. Any way I wish you some strong trips that let you regress to some womb experience,, or a reliving of some significant past experience for your healling,,one that makes you drool like a baby.(very healing) Your subconcious will know which to give you,,and don't let it frighten you pick a nice setting.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

The Grasshopper is one of the biggest and very popular with Americans but the grass is twice the price you'll pay elsewhere. Bulldog coffeeshops are like the Amsterdam McDonalds.Best avoided. Try Hill Street Blues on Warmoestraat (if memory serves). There's also a really cool place run by an old guy called Rene who's been there since the 60s, doesn't even serve coffee, just grass. Can't remember what it's called or where it is, though

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit