Word of the Year

by Leolaia 27 Replies latest jw friends

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Dang wildthing you beat me with : WoMD ...

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Actually, WoMD has already been the word of the year -- for 2002. That year the media was talking as much about WoMD as much as red states and blue states in 2004.

Last year, the word of the year was metrosexual.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Last year, the word of the year was metrosexual.

one thing about these new words is their shelf life... i think metrosexual is already obsoloete.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Leolaia : Last year, the word of the year was metrosexual.

Now that's interesting ... who use this word ? ... what for ?

what does it means ?

Incense_and_Peppermints
    metrosexual (met.roh.SEK.shoo.ul) n. An urban male with a strong aesthetic sense who spends a great deal of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle.
    ?metrosexuality n.

Example: A straight man who styles his hair using three different products (and actually calls them "products"), loves clothes and the very act of shopping for them, and describes himself as sensitive and romantic. In other words, he is a man who seems stereotypically gay except when it comes to sexual orientation.
    ?Alexa Hackbarth, "Vanity, Thy Name Is Metrosexual," The Washington Post, November 17, 2003

• professor
    professor

That is soooooo fetch.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Example: A straight man who styles his hair using three different products (and actually calls them "products"), loves clothes and the very act of shopping for them, and describes himself as sensitive and romantic. In other words, he is a man who seems stereotypically gay except when it comes to sexual orientation.
    ?Alexa Hackbarth, "Vanity, Thy Name Is Metrosexual," The Washington Post, November 17, 2003

Thanks IaP ... Now I can see why they used it a lot (marketing - they were trying to save a sentence in using one word) ... what about Metrofashion (to obvious maybe ...) Oh well ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit