Which meeting was the hardest to attend for you ?

by NoLongerAjw 32 Replies latest jw friends

• silver252525
    silver252525

Sadly to say: I find our meetings (a testing of my faith) since for one thing, the few elders we have (really) can't speak properly. 2.
    They are not educated and mis-apply scriptures...that really sucks.

I always make sure that I have a small pad and pen ready to jot anything that might not sound right....and research it. I really pity them; little education, bad English...I sometimes wonder if they realize what they are diong, the new ones will believe everything they say-without checking it out for themselves. And they are not the type that you can correct -they think that they are it. I know that we are far away from perfection-but that is no excuse. We all should continue to "improve ourselves", and not just remain the way we are.

This! is where personal study plays a vital part.
    We only have to pray continually that things will improved-worldwide.

-from Guyana S.A.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I I too was bored out of my brain during the meetings. The best meeting was the Sunday talk when the speaker didn't turn up and they couldn't get anyone to do a rerun of one we'd already heard. The pure joy of being let out an hour early was delicious! I suppose the book study was the worst of all though, cause we used to do the same books over several times. Unlike the other meetings where fresh inforamtion was presented each week. NOT!

Marilyn

• Moxy
    Moxy

just saying hi to silver25. i dont believe ive seen many visitors from the west indies here at all. here in toronto, there is a very large guyanese population in the congregations. please tell us a bit about life down your way.

mox

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit