Why The Scottish Will One Day Rule The World

by hillary_step 18 Replies latest jw friends

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

A heroic, if not harrowing account account from the centre of the tsunami devastation : Scotsman

Rather amusing reaction from the Royal Bank of Scotland when he contacted them for money to fly back to Scotland - they were on holiday....lol For those who do not know, the Scottish have a reputation for, how shall one put it, being careful with their money.

Best regards - HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

HS:That would be generally lowland Scots, as most English never venture much further North than Carlisle, to experience true Highland hospitality!

Will we rule the world? Naww, let some other poor b*gger have the heartache. Our hearts are in Scotland, and cry "Freedom!".

• Valis
    Valis
    Our hearts are in Scotland, and cry "Freedom!".

more like, wherrrrre's the beeeerrrr and pasties!!!!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nawww, give me a hot Scotch pie over a Cornish pastie, any day of the week

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    to experience true Highland hospitality

Ar. I'm getting me blue face on! Arrr!

CZAR

• Valis
    Valis
    to experience true Highland hospitality

Just find an empty spot behind the Coast Guard office and as jebus says..."It's all good!"

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Yeah, remember the beer??

Oh, and I have to confess, we did have pasties

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

LT,

That would be generally lowland Scots, as most English never venture much further North than Carlisle, to experience true Highland hospitality!

To be honest, I have travelled extensively in Scotland and have always found that the Scots reputation for meanness to be highly exaggerated.

Now Yorkshiremen....that is another story altogether.....lol Rub two Yorkshiremen together and they will charge you for the fire.

Best regards - HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ironically I have to stand up for the Yorkshiremen. I've had more than a few rounds bought me by those hardy folk

• Gill
    Gill

Now, now lad! No knocking us Yorkshire folk!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit