A question about the Bible?

by kls 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kls
    kls

As far as i can remember there was nothing ever mentioned about Dinosaurs existing . Why to you think it only has the beginning with Adam & Eve and nothing before that even tho we know by fossils and skeletal remains that they did indeed roam the earth.

In Jesus day they must have come across some skeletal remains or fossils but there is no mention of it .

Don't you think it is odd

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Why to you think it only has the beginning with Adam & Eve and nothing before that even tho we know by fossils and skeletal remains that they did indeed roam the earth.

Because it was written by Bronze Age goatherds, and therefore bears little resemblance to what actually happened.

• upside/down
    upside/down

It doesn't "begin with Adam & Eve", open the Bible up and read it.

There were 7 "creative days", the length of which is undeterminable and this allows for epochs of time during which early animal creations could have existed. Very simple and all inclusive illustration really.

As far as there being no mention of fossils by the ancients- Take a look at any of the art and maps of bygon eras and you will see MONSTERS that look exactly like dinosaurs (ie.dragons). They knew of these creatures, just didn't know how to 'splain it.

there is a ton of info ou there on this. Maybe too much info...

u/d

• upside/down
    upside/down

Waht would yo expect the Bible to say about the Deenosaurs?

"They were big, they ate, they pooped, they conquered... day one"

"They were big, they ate (each other), they pooped, they conquered... day two"

"They were big, they ate, they pooped, they saw a BIG FIREBALL in the sky, they really POOPED (shat!), they all died... day 10 million"

What a BIGGER waste of paper that would be than the current Bible!

u/d

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

the bible starts with their recorded history, maybe the reason it isn't in there because it wasn't part of their history from that day.

Dinosaurs are more of a science subject, that might be another reason.

• missy04
    missy04

I don't really know how to explain that, but I think Upside/Down explained it correctly here:

There were 7 "creative days", the length of which is undeterminable and this allows for epochs of time during which early animal creations could have existed. Very simple and all inclusive illustration really.

• one
    one

kls,

the bible says: "8 Pairs of clean and unclean animals, of birds and of all creatures that move along the ground, 9 male and female, came to Noah and entered the ark, as God had commanded Noah."

BUT the big animals you mention did not fit, the door was too small and the Ark not big eunogh, there was no time to fix that. Later, hurt and ashame Noah got drunk and you know the rest of the story.

AND since all that was written after the facts, as informed by Noah, he save his face by not telling anything about the big animals.

• missy04
    missy04
    In Jesus day they must have come across some skeletal remains or fossils but there is no mention of it .

Don't you think it is odd

I don't remember them taking time to write about skeletal remains of horses or dogs or other things either, though.

I'm not sure exactly how much time was between there being dinosaurs and when the bible was written. Maybe it was a small enough amount of time that they knew there were dinosaurs before them and it was such common knowlege they didn't feel the need to mention it in the Bible, or maybe they didn't have any clue that they had existed.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Maybe a dinosaure tempted Eve and was later punished by becoming a serpent.

Because you have done this,
    cursed are you among all animals
    and among all wild creatures;
    upon your belly you shall go,
    and dust you shall eat
    all the days of your life.

• shotgun
    shotgun

I've always thought it was where they got the ideas to write about Dragons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit