How many here are married to a witness?

by Why Georgia 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Just wondering how many others there are like me who are married to a Witness who is either actively going or fading away?

I have found that even though my husband is fading away - he still has a lot of those Witness thoughts.

It's definately better that he is away from them and not getting their "Spiritual Food (vomit)"

But I still have worries when his mother calls and invites us to the Memorial or tries to give us the latest book.

I feel my blood pressure just about go through the roof.

I'm glad there are places like this board to talk with people and get support from real " Friends"

Not fake KH friends.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I was, till I got her out; of course it took 13 years! Just be patient, let him see the organization for what it is. I used to print out certain threads from this board and leave for my wife to read over breakfast. That helped.

Chris

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart
    it took 13 years

Yeah, well, I'm STUBBORN -- what can I say? And he was wonderfully patient with me (thanks, hon).

Nina

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Well I am(kind of) then I am not! We are not DFed or DAed! We are Fade Aways at this moment!

We left about 6 months ago together! I am glad we left together because it would be hard to do it alone!

Brooke

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

I am married to a 20+year JW, I have never been. Been married for a few years, he was DF'd when we married and I attended with him to maybe not look so bad (wordly I guess) in their eyes, as he married me while DF'd. I'm sure that doesn't matter, I'm wordly no matter that he is re-instated. I think he will always be under a cloud for leaving his faithful JW wife. And then taking up with the likes of me.

WW

• kls
    kls

I am married to a JW going on 32 years. We were both recruited but after a few years i could see through the BS and got out. On the other hand my husband has been one for 29 years and all the proof that i have shown him he still believes that crap. He doesn't go to meeting as much as he used to but still believes it is the Truth and i gave up trying to get him to see what crap it is. You can't help someone that won't listen and is blind to the Truth.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am a Christian (the regular kind) married to a JW. He married me on the sly while he was working on reinstatement. Until I forced him to come clean, he would introduce me as his "sister". Now, members of the KH are reservedly kind to me; not sure if I am full-blown "apostate", an "opposer", or a friendly alien. They can't figure out why I am so determinedly intermittent in my attendance, and persistently critical of the "spiritual food in season". I am pretty sure they have dropped any pretention that I am an "easy mark". Plus it must be kind of embarrassing for them that I have shown more integrity than my JW husband.

• upside/down
    upside/down

My wife is a walking contradicition...

I was coerced into marrying her for several reasons (young, impressionalbe & naive to start). Was told had to marry "only in the lord". Did it! Marry into a good Dub clan. Did it! Be a good loving husband. Did it! Be "pussy whipped" like most good christian "heads". Did it! Reach out. Did it! on and on and on

Find out 17 years later that your "christian wife" was really a little whore up until 6 months before you got married and the whole family hid it, so they could "marry her off", and feels no guilt at all for lying to me, after all she was "repentant". 18 years of marriage and 3 wonderful kids and she decides to go back to being a whore and brings home the "creeping crud".

Man I tell you... And yet I worked my ass off for her, loved her, treated her like a queen... She is seriously the mot beautiful woman I've ever met (even modeled a bit). She is SMART and a hard worker and a "good" mom. What gives? Hell I was raised a Catholic and I never met anyone this messed up! She says she hates it but keeps doing it. Shrink says it's the "Madonna / Whore Complex". Ilike to call it something else.

My mantra- NEVER AGAIN!!!

u/d

• Maverick
    Maverick

I'm no longer married but my GF is a JW. She goes to the meetings once in a while, mostly when her grown son or daughter are around her. We leave the subject alone for the most part. She asked me not to cause trouble for the local idiot JW's and as long as they turn a blind eye to us as a couple I will not bother them. I spead a rumor that we are secretly married and as much as those morons suck up gossip as gospel I think they felt it best to just leave the whole situation be.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Thanks all who responded.

It's nice to know that I am not alone in this situation.

For me marriage is hard without all this JW BS.

My first inclination is always to just run away.

Thank you again for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit