Married People are less Creative

by one 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• one
    one

http://msn.careerbuilder.com/Custom/MSN/CareerAdvice/413.htm?siteid=cbmsnhp4398&sc_extcmp=JS_wi1_sept04_home1>1=5938&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=014626ac55874d07be5b18eb4a51333c-158374177-tf-1

"A study of 280 successful scientists found that their creativity tended to diminish once they got married. This also held true for musicians, painters and authors. "

Too much energy "wasted" in bed.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

LOL I think it's a matter of tension. Freud hypothesized that the drive to achieve and create was an outlet of sexual energy; while his theory of libido was pretty kooky, it does seem that happily married people have less of an 'itch' and are more content to leave things the way they are.

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

that's because working artists are few and far between. For every rich famous rockstar there's hundreds more who are living in a van by the river, not exactly the kind of person you want for a lifemate.

Married people also have a lot less free time, especially when kids are involved. Therefor hobby artists don't get as much time to hone their craft and create new ideas.

Also, people who get married are usually in their late 20's-early 30's. That also the same year where artists who haven't "made it big" yet "grow up and get a real job" or at least get severely dillusioned.

I'm surprised it took a team of scientists to figure that one out.

• one
    one

sex drive = storaged energy

less energy = less mental physical strengh

before strong competitions athletes are warned about it.

• Gill
    Gill

That explains my problem! Is this guy yawning or sneezing?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

After i got married i was too busy making my ex look good to the congregation to be creative...

wait..that was REAL creative of me..he's a jerk. i was too good at it. now he's a golden superdub and i'm an evil inactive outcast.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

My theory is this... y'all can slap me if you want, I'm not being rude, just trying to be fair.

They say creative people who are married. Ok, well only straight people can be married, therefore how many creative straight people are there? The most talented creative people I know are gay. Think of all the artists throughout time who were gay, think of the clothing designers of today, think of the stylists, etc.... so they aren't sampling correctly. They need to take "marriage" out of the statistic and make it "committed relationship" and also include gay people in the sampling. Then find out if that is true or not.

One of my best friends is a graphic designer artist and absolutely mind blowingly talented and creative and he's gay and been in the same relationship for I think about 10 years. But of course he wouldn't be in that sampling.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I don't think so.

• Golf
    Golf

So, 280 successful scientists are telling me that I'm not creative. Hmmmmm, and just who are these 280 scientists? Do they include themselves? How succesful are they?

Guest77

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    Too much energy "wasted" in bed.

There's sex after marriage???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit