• AlanF
    AlanF

Rules? RULES????

I don't do no steenken rules!

AlanF

• Brummie
    Brummie
    Are rules inherently bad?

Naah, some rules are very good i.e "When you are in my house you will refrain from playing paint ball"

Then you have people who make their own hypocritical rules and these are bad rules, i.e they make rules that only apply to other people and never to themselves

Brummie

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    "When you are in my house you will refrain from playing paint ball"

Damn Brummie- how unreasonable can you be??? How bout if I bring you cookies? Then can I?

• Brummie
    Brummie

*tries to resist*

Oh go on then, as long as you play fair.

Brummie

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

On a more serious note, one way that I think rules can cause trouble is our own internal rules. Sometimes we don't even know we are operating by them and don't know someone else has "violated" them- we just know we are pissed off! And many times these internal rules can set up some pretty unreasonable expectations of other people.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Geez...there should be some rule to prevent people like SixofNumb-nuts, AlanF****er, XW ("I wish I was a male" LOL ), and Brummie-of-the-really-bad-cat-breath-class from posting on this db.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior
    Geez...there should be some rule to prevent people like SixofNumb-nuts, AlanF****er, XW ("I wish I was a male" LOL ), and Brummie-of-the-really-bad-cat-breath-class from posting on this db.

Go ahead and write one Craig- then at least we won't be breaking an unwritten rule. I have a personal rule about that dontcha know

• Valis
    Valis

onanism, just because AlanF jilted your Granny Weatherall, Sixofnine said Nien! to your gratuitous offers for a "bible study", and you tried engaging in illegal/immoral sex acts w/a foriegn cat that ended up with hairballs more ubiquitous than your own toupe,, don't get pissy...I let you sleep in the garage remember?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

Actually Craig- there is a rule like that already. We've all just found a way around it. Is that breaking the rule or bending it?

LOL Brummie- how do you play fair with paint ball. "Okay, but just don't get any on me"

Thanks for the fun thread Craig !

• onacruse
    onacruse

XW:

Thanks for the fun thread Craig

Yes, I do seem to have developed a prediliction for diverting my own threads! LOL

However, my intention here was rather more along a serious line.

As JWs, we took "rules" as sacrosanct, and all the more so as interpreted and dictated by the WTS, even beyond what the mere words of the Bible itself, in a literal and simple reading, would demand.

So, as we move through the venues of personal and social recognition...when (and how) do we realize, within ourselves, that "rules" are nothing more, and nothing less, than a way of playing games with ourselves?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit