"Your Reports HAVE To Be Turned In By The 6th of the Month!"

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Do you miss not getting that phonecall or that announcement?

• minimus
    minimus

I was the Secretary for years and I HATED calling people up for their time. I knew firsthand, they'd make numbers up as they'd go along..."Put me down, for let's say, um, 17 hours, 3 brochures, a book, and a bible study"......"And how many return visits did you get?"....."Um,,,,, put me down for zero, ok?"......."But if you conducted a bible study, you had to have had return visits"......"Oh, alright. Put me down for 10".

• blondie
    blondie

I can remember my husband straightening out the records of previous secretaries. Calling on the 6th was a no-no, since it had to be in the mail by the sixth. I knew of one secretary that would just write a slip out for the person, guessing what to put down, rather than calling. Nor surprisingly, the biggest offenders where elders and their families when it came to not turning your time in on time.

• undercover
    undercover
    I knew firsthand, they'd make numbers up as they'd go along..."Put me down, for let's say, um, 17 hours, 3 brochures, a book, and a bible study"......"And how many return visits did you get?"....."Um,,,,, put me down for zero, ok?"......."But if you conducted a bible study, you had to have had return visits"......"Oh, alright. Put me down for 10".

Oh, I was better'n that. When they called, I would say, "Oh, I forgot to turn my time in. Hold on and I'll get it." I'd lay the phone down, wait about 45 seconds, pick it back up and say, "OK, ya ready? 10 hours, 12 mags, 1 book, 3 rvs. Got it? Good. Sorry about that. See ya on Sunday."

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I was the publisher with the best time record for years. Of course, most of it was made-up. I guess that's the foundation of the WTS, making-up crap. I guess I could have claimed to be annointed and they'd believe me!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

the brother called one day and asked for my time for the previous month.I told him I had not went out at all."OH" he said,and that was it,nobody's asked for my time since.That was 6 yrs ago.

• minimus
    minimus

Undercover, I love your style!

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

If there was one thing I hated was giving 'bible studies', or accompaining someone to one. It was the most boring thing in the world. So, I just made up names of people as my 'students' for my report.

• minimus
    minimus

Names like Dick Hertz or Bill Loni??

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I was sort of amazed that no one ever called me on making up my time...I mean I said 10-12 hrs a month every month for about 5 years and went out about 3 times total during the entire 5 years... No bells ever went off (ie this guy never meets with the group) or maybe they just don't give a $hit... that seems more likely!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit