My husband's new blood papers are in the trash???

by wordlywife 17 Replies latest jw friends

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

I don't know what the new terminology is for the forms, but that paperwork, already signed by him (I refuse all blood, etc.), is in the trash. I found it while looking for some schoolwork of my daughter's. What does, or could this mean, do you think? If he still has his old blood card in his wallet, does that suffice? I hate to get my hopes up in that he is fading, he still attends faithfully, still reads pubs, etc. I have never been JW, just to jog everyone's memory.

What do you think it means if a faithful dub (over 20 years, but 2 yrs.DF'd) puts this paperwork in the trash?

I didn't mention that I saw it, I wouldn't dare.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

There must be a reason. I wouldn't mention it either, but maybe be extra loving to him and see if there is anything he wants to talk about. He might have something brewing in his heart but can't find the words to say.

Personally I think my mother is disturbed by the change in the blood card that allows fractions. I think she thinks it's wrong, so he might actually want to keep his old one and is bothered by the new one. That's just a guess though.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

Was it his new one or the old one in the rubbish?

• blondie
    blondie

Good question, wolfgirl.

• wordlywife
    wordlywife

It's the brand new paperwork in the trash, already signed by him, checking off no blood, no way, no how. He still has his old blood card in his wallet, I think.

Here's another thing: I did see that he has written a letter of disassociation and has it in a sealed envelope. It has been there for 2 weeks.

I don't mention anything, ever, and he never discusses things of this nature with me (except the virtues of scripture, teaching children, etc.) He does regularly talk with his grown daughter and mentions the FDS, following the organization, going against Jehovah, etc. How can he talk this way, and then these two things must be present in his mind too (the blood papers and the letter?). Maybe he's trying to stay for the sake of his grown children. That's probably it. What is going on iside for him must be one horrific thing.

WW

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

WOW, all I can say is wow. Maybe he feels very dissalusioned with the Org and wants his children to have life, but still is conflicted as to what to do with his own thoughts.

I think all you can do is show your continued support for him until he's ready to talk.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, it looks pretty obviously like you have hit the apostate jackpot.

Normally, the blood cards are handed out to all publishers at the book study, and the conductor makes sure everyone gets their cards signed and witnessed. When I was mentally out, but not physically, I would go throught the process, because it would look bad if you didn't, then come home and throw out the card.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Or it could be that he made a paperwork mistake, which I am wont to do.

• Fleur
    Fleur

Hoooooly schmoooley.

It sounds like he is about to make the break...and trying to decide how best to do it. He may be weighing the options of fading (which I recommend if you can pull it off esp. if you have family in the org.) and renouncing what he sees to be hypocrisy and contradiction in the JW teachings.

I think that there is gonna be a big divide in the org. over this paperwork. I've seen it, it's ridiculous. The old school folks who are of the 'if you pour it on the ground as the commandment says, you can't take a fraction of it" are truly freaked out by the watering down of the doctrine. I know it's twisting my mother in two.

She has also already checked off the 'no how, no way, no blood' boxes but is afraid that the forms are too confusing for them to be clearly understood. she's stapling her old blood card to it.

Ironically, she's putting ME on there as medical advocate; ME, the only disfellowshipped member of the family. She says "I said to Jehovah I may be the only person in the organization that put their disfellowshipped child as their advocate but you're the only person I can trust to respect my wishes."

Her wishes are extensive and include not ever wanting to be on a vent for any reason. She has terrible phobias and fears. I will of course respect her wishes because they are hers; even if I disagree with them; i think that is something she can't trust my JW siblings to do. They just don't know enough about the blood/fractions issue and my father almost ended up getting a blood fraction in the hospital when he was sick because my sister (his advocate) didn't know what it was!

The whole thing is just obscene. They have done it all but say "yeah, just go ahead and take it, we were wrong."

A lot of people will leave over this, I think.

Hang in there worldlywife; I am hoping that soon your husband will be all the way out. You're right to be cautious...just reassure him whenever you can of your love, that you're with him for the long haul. Unconditional love is the best antidote to WTS doctrine that I have ever found.

hugs

essie

• Balsam
    Balsam

I understand there are new blood cards out with a Durable Power of Attorney to go with it. Could it be he was just throwing away his old blood card?

Balsam

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit