Derren Brown - Messiah (UK)

by rick1199 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rick1199
    rick1199

Hi,

If you live in the UK you may recently have seen Derren Brown programme Seance, where he showed the tricked used to convince people they where comunicating with the dead. This Friday he is doing another show called Messiah where he show how people use mind control in religion. Hopefully it will be general enough not to be termed apostate, while still triggering the warning signs in a number of Witnesses. I am going to tape it and get my mum to watch it.

link to website

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, this looks like it will be very interesting and relevant to JW-world

• rick1199
  • Mary
    Mary
    If you live in the UK you may recently have seen Derren Brown programme Seance, where he showed the tricked used to convince people they where comunicating with the dead.

Aw shit, you mean that wasn't Elvis I was talkin' to last week???

There's another bozo on TV who does this. His program is called Crossing Over With John Edwards. He talks really fast, and is such a con artist I can't believe anyone actually believes him. He gets far more misses than hits....in fact, the couple of times I watched him, he one right "hit" and all the others were wrong.......incredibly, his audience is packed every week.

• rick1199
    rick1199

Mary, Derren Brown sounds the complete oppersite of 'John Edwards'. Did the whole comunicating with the dead and convinced a whole group of people they were talking to a dead woman and got them to do stuff like pick her picture out of a pile and do 'ghost writing' to see where she lived. Then he brought out the woman at the end and said the whole thing was a hoax and explained how bits of it were done.

• ekruks
    ekruks

This guys's shows are just fantastic!!!!

I found some copies on the internet, and I was actually scared to watch them, as if the demons would come into the house. I was feeling particularly discouraged and dubious of JW teachings by then, with lots of doubts, been missing meetings - well, these kind of killed off any last clinging feelings that the Watchtower might be right. It was like a bright, clean feeling came over me, as I felt like my mind had been broadened so much.

• cantleave
    cantleave

We are seeing him live in March - can't wait!

• mariemcg
    mariemcg

Is it available to watch online?? I've seen his programs before, he's very clever..

• ekruks
  • mariemcg
    mariemcg

thanks just managed to work it out myself.. Been dying my hair blonde for to long the peroxide is having an effect on my brain!! lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit