Is Jehovah the God of "Impartial Love"??

by frankiespeakin 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Nark,

I think I agree with you,, it is that we are looking at it from diferent angles. And only there do we differ.

In this thread I'm talking about it from the Pauls definition,,in this thread. I also deviated and looked at it from the mystical angle. But basically since the Bible says that God is love (more correctly only one book 1John). The OT really doesn't really say much about God as the the epitamy of love like the NT.

I think that most bible believers tent to think of God as love in the most highest, and purest form,, devoid of any selfishness. So I started a thread with that in mind. Since most beleivers feel that God is absolute good and the Devil is absolute bad.

• PinTail
    PinTail

I think Jehovah is. If I drink mass amounts of beer I can forget easly how mean he was in the truth.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Frankie

I think most would agree that real true love has to be impartial,,no favoritism,,completely fair,,equal concern,, reguardless of race,,nationality,,or even species.

Here we go again frankie. Do you have to love someone elses children as much as your own, to say you truly love children? Do you love your wife as much as all other women, or the same as your mother? Does anyone truly love anyone? Sorry, I would say I truly love many people, I just don't love them all the same way. I would not expect God to be any different. I'm just glad He loves me enough for Jesus to die for me.

I don't know about you but I see a big discrepancy here, if God is supposed to be impartial.

Who said God is supposed to be impartial? The watchtower? Certainly not the Bible!

I guess you're a little "jealous" of how God loves some more than others? This is interesting frankie, you seem to be struggling with some of the same issues Martin Luther did. Keep studying!

D Dog

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    Do you have to love someone elses children as much as your own, to say you truly love children?

you love your own child unconditionally. that means without any judgements or expectations. it means that no matter what they do, you will go on loving them. you can't feel the same way about someone else's children.

I would not expect God to be any different.

i would. we are imperfect, yet capable of unconditional love. the god of the Jehovah's Witnesses isn't, and he's a billion times greater than us, supposedly.

• Brummie
    Brummie
    you love your own child unconditionally. that means without any judgements or expectations. it means that no matter what they do, you will go on loving them.

Amen!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    i would. we are imperfect, yet capable of unconditional love. the god of the Jehovah's Witnesses isn't, and he's a billion times greater than us, supposedly.

God does love his children unconditionaly. He sent Jesus to die when all hated him, and he died for me anyway with all my sin.

The question is, who are his children?

But then again, I don't believe in the god of the JWs.

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    you love your own child unconditionally

You may love your children unconditionaly, but that doesn't mean you love them the same way.

Incense_and_Peppermints

Deputy Dog, i thought the topic was the "god of the JW's"... or the old school Christian god. you're right, Jehovah did send his "only-begotten son" to pay for man's sins, but his almighty love is fraught with conditon upon condition, essentially making his "children" turn cartwheels to prove his love for him, and even then he is displeased. i have never made my son prove his love for me... he loves me and i know it. and i have always been understanding of his shortcomings and frailties, like when he was a toddler and would accidentally spill or break things, i never yelled at him or punished him, because he simply didn't have the motor skills an adult has, so how can you fault him for being himself? yet Jehovah punishes man with floods and plagues and death for being human.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog, i thought the topic was the "god of the JW's"... or the old school Christian god.

There is a big difference between the JW god and the God of the Bible. The God of the bible doesn't ask for works for salvation. D Dog

Incense_and_Peppermints

hmm... i disagree but i'm too tired to argue the point. peace out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit