Non internet infor on UN scandal..please!

by Gill 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

I am a fortunate 'apostate'. My parents are still speaking to me, regularly, and we also have been discussing JW doctrine. However, they do not believe anything I tell them about the UN scandal and that the WTBTS was a member of the UN for ten years before being removed by the UN. They will also not accept any info from the internet as the 'internet is the work of the debil!' Has any one any idea where I can get non-net proof of the scandal, please?

Thanks everyone, Gill

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Have your parents write to the WTS asking about this. They will get a letter telling them that they joined the UN in order to get a library card... along with a visit from the elders.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Good luck getting them to write that letter. Since they're already convinced that what you're accusing the WT of can't possibly be "da troof", they put the onus on you to prove it, difficult when most of the information alluding to that fact is on the internet where they're admonished to stay away from, especially with regards to questions arising about the WT image.

How about writing that letter to Bethel yourself and if\when you get the letter back, show it to them on the WT own letterhead and postmarked envelope.

It would be my guess that they're not even answering letters on this issue anymore prefering instead to sent their henchmen out to figuratively break bones for them.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Why not write the U.N. information office and get their form letter response? I doubt that they would trust it even though it came straight from the horse's mouth. But at least you would have the documentation.

• blondie
    blondie

This account reminds me of a scripture, bear with me:

"But a certain man was rich, and he used to deck himself with purple and linen, enjoying himself from day to day with magnificence. 20 But a certain beggar named Laz´a·rus used to be put at his gate, full of ulcers 21 and desiring to be filled with the things dropping from the table of the rich man. Yes, too, the dogs would come and lick his ulcers. 22 Now in course of time the beggar died and he was carried off by the angels to the bosom [position] of Abraham. "Also, the rich man died and was buried. 23 And in Ha´des he lifted up his eyes, he existing in torments, and he saw Abraham afar off and Laz´a·rus in the bosom [position] with him. 24 So he called and said, ?Father Abraham, have mercy on me and send Laz´a·rus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in anguish in this blazing fire.? 25 But Abraham said, ?Child, remember that you received in full your good things in your lifetime, but Laz´a·rus correspondingly the injurious things. Now, however, he is having comfort here but you are in anguish. 26 And besides all these things, a great chasm has been fixed between us and YOU people, so that those wanting to go over from here to YOU people cannot, neither may people cross over from there to us.? 27 Then he said, ?In that event I ask you, father, to send him to the house of my father, 28 for I have five brothers, in order that he may give them a thorough witness, that they also should not get into this place of torment.? 29 But Abraham said, ?They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to these.? 30 Then he said, ?No, indeed, father Abraham, but if someone from the dead goes to them they will repent.? 31 But he said to him, ?If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, neither will they be persuaded if someone rises from the dead.?" LUKE 16:19-31

This might be a case of that even if someone from the dead returned to tell them, they still would not believe, because there is ample evidence about the UN situation, from the UN itself. But they will say that the UN people fabricated it.

• Gill
    Gill

Thanks everyone and thanks especially gypsywildone!

I will ring and write to the UN, however, I do remember reading in someone's post about an article in the UK's Guardian newspaper on the scandal and was wanting to get hold of a back copy from them. Is there a chance that anyone might remember or know where I could find the date of the back issue from? Sorry to push this but...you know.

• under74
    under74

I think it was October 8th and 15th 2001 (?) The articles were written by Stephen Bates of the Guardian.

• Angharad
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I do not have the link handy but I think there still is an official statement on the UN-WebSite.

• Gill
    Gill

Thank you all so much!

Absolutely Brillaint help!

I'm all ready writing to the UN, and will ring also. Then I"ll be onto the Guardian and other sites.

Thankyou very much!

Love Gill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit