What is your personal "Top Story" of 2004

by confusedjw 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Getting engaged and completing Russian 50 with an 'A.'

• morty
    morty

To walk to the arena in 25 mins without stopping for pain ( to watch my kids play)

To orgasm *cough-cough* twice in one session

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

joining this website.................no ,seriously

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Falling head over heels in love at my age (57) with someone I met here at JWD..........thinking that it could NEVER happen to me...................and spending the most wonderful summer of my "mid-life" with her...........actually talking and considering marriage (both of us did this)

Meeting and loving her grown children and granddaughter............and getting reciprocal love from them..........

Planning trips and vacation time together..........putting my whole soul and very being into this relationship because the encouragement was there and because I knew that she was the one I would spend the rest of my life with............planning for her and my daughter to meet (they talked on the phone and my daughter really liked her)

Spending 2 to 4 hours each night talking on the phone long distance (except when I was at her home)

Actually being able to listen to love songs and relate to them like I did 30-35 years ago.

Willing to give every last penny and ounce of my life to the betterment of this relationship.

I'm going to be 58 this month and I'm feeling emotionally devastated........and having a hard time coping with life at this time ....this is one of the reasons I stayed with my daughter in Florida for the last 3 months.

What happened?

In the blink of an eye.......everything changed.........just like changing channels on TV..........how can a grown person tell you that they "really love you"..........."call you honey"........and the next day seem like a stranger that you are trying to have a conversation with?

I love her dearly and still hope it comes to be the two of us.......(am I hoping for too much?) I would give my life for her.

She doesn't read JWD these days........but I have a feeling she will read this and never talk to me again. (We still talk several times a week.......because I'm the one who calls her)

My life as a JW is far behind me............but the life with her is going to be hard to get over.........

What do I do? Give my hopes of a life with her up completely and move on.........or still cling on to hopes that may never happen now?

Yes people.........I'm having a hard time with this. I think this is harder than leaving the WTS since I have no family ties there.

I'm soooooo tired of crying.......I'm too old for this. Why should a man my size and my age be crying over love?

Thanks for listening,

HappyDad

• HappyDad
  • candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

aww happydad.. take positive things from the experience.. you KNOW you can love again. take time to grieve and heal then keep yourself open for love again.

my top story from 04 is a sad one. since my car died and cant afford another one i went 6 months without seeing my children because my "good jw" ex wont drive them 90 miles to see their mom hopefully 05 will bring a car to me cuz i'm dying not being part of my kids lives.

• Sassy
    Sassy

ahhhh HappyDad.. I am sooooo sorry..

For my life.. my Top Story was seeing Two of my three children whome I have been estranged with.. Hadn't seen them for nearly 5 years.. I'm so happy.. Hopefully next year I can have the last one in my life too

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Being able to have both my stepdaughters live with us, so that we have all 5 kids with us.

I don't know if it will last after school lets out, so we are relishing it while we can.

• nilfun
    nilfun

wow. I'm blown away by all your stories! huggles.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

I got into a prestigious university and I learned that I can slide by on natural ability there too (it just doesn't produce scholarships) .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit