Do you want the real truth or not?

by Jason 175 Replies latest jw friends

• Jason
    Jason

On this website there seems to be so many lies and so little actual truth. Is this supposed to be a place to get answers or confuse the hell out of truth seekers? Well, for you seekers out there, if you find the truth on this site it'll be a major fluke. For anyone who wants their questions answered correctly the first time...

Email me at [email protected]

If I don't already know the answer to your question, I'll figure it out for you. But try not to write me a novel, keep the emails relatively short.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Jason,

What kind of lies are you refering too? Please let us know.

• Jason
    Jason

Scorpion,

What do you mean "what kind of lies"? Have you ever read a posting on this site? Are you telling me most of them are true? There is more BS on this site than anything else.

What else do you want me to say. Anything that isn't true is a lie. I don't think anyone intentionally teaches a lie, but that doesn't make their lie true.

Maybe you're a liar too. Well, are you?

Just ask me something specific and I'll tell you if it's true or not.
    (I'm not writing in a rude tone if you think I am).

[email protected]

(No more vague questions please)

• larc
    larc

Jason,

I have read several posts where Norm has provided quotes from Watchtower literature on a particular theme. These quotes clearly indicate inconsistencies in beliefs over time.
    Are these lies?

I have also read an extensive post by Kent which shows a 120 year history of Watchtower quotes on changing end times predictions. Are these lies?

I have posted quotes from Rutherford's writings where he claimed that the Bible predicted, the radio, railroad trains, and electric and gasoline engines. Is this a lie on my part?

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Jason,

You are the one who mentioned lies on this forum and did not point out anything specific in your post.

No, I am not saying that everything said on this site is true, just like everything printed in the pages of the WT and AWAKE over the years has come very short of being true.

Just give me a few examples of what lies you have seen on this forum and then we can have something to go with. You never know, I might even agree with you.

• ros
    ros

Jason:
    I agree that you need to identify what lies you are talking about. I agree there is a lot of BS here like anywhere else. You have to sift through the rubble to find the gems.

Post me if you like: [email protected]

• Jason
    Jason

Larc and Scorpion,

Yes, inconsistecies in Watchtower literature are lies. The Watchtower itself is a lie. Speaking of specific lies, I have read many things like, 'God IS creation itself' or 'Evolution is a fact of life.'

There are many lies like this on this site. These are specifics, but there are so many more that if someone really wanted to to find truth here and they couldn't discern the truth from a lie on their own, they would be completely lost.

Jason ( [email protected])

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

The men of Sodom [will] be resurrected. WT 7/1879,p.8

The men of Sodom [will not] be resurrected. WT 6/1/1952,p.338

..will.. WT 8/1/1965 p.479

..will not.. WT 6/1/1988, p.31

..will.. LIVE FOREVER, early editions, p.179

..will not.. LIVE FOREVER. later editions, p. 179

..will.. INSIGHT, Vol. 2, p. 95 (1988)

..will not.. REVELATION, p.273 (1988)

Both INSIGHT and REVELATION books were released during the summer conventions of Jehovah's Witnesses on the same year and contradict each other.

Jason, this is just a start of the hundreds of inconsistencies within the pages of the WT and books written by the Society.

I agree with you about evolution, I do not believe it to be fact, but mostly theory. I do believe in adaptation.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

"Jesus Christ further deserves honor because he is Jehovah's chief angel, or archangel." The Watchtower 2/1/1991,p. 17

"God did not send some angel to rescue mankind. He made the supreme sacrifice of sending his only-begotten Son... WT 2/15/1991. p.14

Is Christ an angel or isn't he???

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Jason,
    When and how did you become the sole dispenser of truth?
    Why should someone believe your opinion rather than anyone else's? Clearly, calling evolution a 'lie' shows you're at best ill-informed, and you seem to give your opinions as fact. Relying solely on you (or indeed anyone) could be dangerous for truth-seekers. You have to listen to lies and then figure things out for yourself.

--
    Ubi dubium ibi libertas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit