Have you ever been marked?

by Dustin 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

When I first met my wife, she was not a JW. I was baptized at the age of 12. To make a long story short, some of the other youths in the congregation followed my lead and took non JW boyfriends and girlfriends. Well the brothers decided to point me out specifically as I was the only one who cared. They gave a talk where they likened me to a rotten tree that should be burned in the fire. As the whole congregation stared at me and my now wife. They told me we had to top seeing one another and repent. Like any normal human I refused, as we were already 2 years into our relationship. My dad who was an elder at the time was removed because he refused to kick me out of the house. They told him he was harboring a sinner. The whole congregation treated me like I was DF'd. I wasn't allowed to be seen or heard from at any social function. The scripture in 1 Cor. about "marry only in the lord" became their motto. I felt like I was doing something wrong because for once a girl was showing interest in me. Is love to much to ask for? As hard as I've tried to forget, it still haunts me. Was I that evil? Am I a bad person? I was never treated fairly after that, even though I kept trying. It's funny, because I was never very poular amongst anyone my age in the entire circut. I went from being the goody-goody elders kid, to being Satan's right hand man. Absolutely crazy.

Dustin

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    When I first met my wife, she was not a JW. I was baptized at the age of 12. To make a long story short, some of the other youths in the congregation followed my lead and took non JW boyfriends and girlfriends. Well the brothers decided to point me out specifically as I was the only one who cared. They gave a talk where they likened me to a rotten tree that should be burned in the fire. As the whole congregation stared at me and my now wife. They told me we had to top seeing one another and repent. Like any normal human I refused, as we were already 2 years into our relationship. My dad who was an elder at the time was removed because he refused to kick me out of the house. They told him he was harboring a sinner. The whole congregation treated me like I was DF'd. I wasn't allowed to be seen or heard from at any social function. The scripture in 1 Cor. about "marry only in the lord" became their motto. I felt like I was doing something wrong because for once a girl was showing interest in me. Is love to much to ask for? As hard as I've tried to forget, it still haunts me. Was I that evil? Am I a bad person? I was never treated fairly after that, even though I kept trying. It's funny, because I was never very poular amongst anyone my age in the entire circut. I went from being the goody-goody elders kid, to being Satan's right hand man. Absolutely crazy

holy witch hunts! good grief... no, no, no, no, no, no, you weren't the least bit evil, and love wasn't too much to ask for! errr....

• all_forgiving
    all_forgiving

You Evil Evil Person for showing love towards another person. How dare you think on your own!!

:)

The rest of the world welcomes you with open arms and truely see you as a kind and caring human being.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Boy do I know this feeling.

Have you seen invasion of the body snatchers when they point at the one who is not like them open their mouth and make this shrill shreeking sound.

This is how I felt after I started questioning in my study.

My husband went back to the Kingdumb hall for a short while after we got married and I being the good and dutiful wife said yes I would study for the unity of our family.

I was given a copy of Crisis of Conscience by someone and I started asking all kinds of questions in my study.

I was labeled apostate faster than you could snap your fingers.

They even talked about our family from the platform about the trouble with marrying outside of the "truth"

• Carmel
    Carmel

i am sure jesus would have been the first one to kick you out for such a dastardly deed..

caveman

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Ah, Dustin sweetie, you and your wife didn't do anything wrong. Heck, Jesus himself associated with everybody, even those not of his faith, and he was only judgmental with the snotty Pharisees who tried to turn spirituality into a bloody conformist's club.

I was still a witness when I met the man who became my partner. Not wanting to feel sneaky or underhanded about my relationship, I refused to keep him secret. Not that I could have kept such a secret in the small town where I live! I think that's what angered the congregation the most, my "lack of shame". But as you know, Dustin, love is nothing to be ashamed of. I'm glad that you and your lady stuck together.

• cherryblossomgirl
    cherryblossomgirl

Hey Dustin-

I noticed you're from Wisconsin, me too. Where ya from? Are you still in? Did you stay with this lady? I was marked bad association during the announcements because I had some wordly friends and got in a little bit of trouble. My uncle was a child molester and he was cool with them. Don't feel bad man.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Hey, CBG, are you from Eastern or Western Sconnieland? I know a few people in Western Sconnieland.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I was marked for the same reason as you, Dustin.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

How do you get un-marked? Is there something akin to a reinstatement?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit