THE WORST THING ABOUT THE BORG ??????????

by vitty 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

suffering a constant stream of meetings, punctuated with frequent bookstudy and blank smiles on everyone's faces and that manic gleam in their eyes. lol one night i was watching "night of the living dead" and i thought they reminded me of the jw's...

• Dustin
    Dustin

I just always felt like I wasn't good enough for them. No matter how hard I tried, or how much I did I just never felt like part of the in-group. It really messed me up for a long time. I used to hat the Watchtower study too. It was boring.

• kls
    kls

is that it still exists.

• one
    one

no free time to do anything else, ask those with "privileges"

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I just always felt like I wasn't good enough for them. No matter how hard I tried, or how much I did I just never felt like part of the in-group.

those jerkfaces.

be thankful you were excluded. if you hadn't been, you might still be there...(besides, when you're part of an "in-group", you gotta kiss a$$, and i don't know about you but that doesn't sound like too much fun...)

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

The delusional thought that I was "superior" to all my "wordly" friends. Deep down I knew I wasn't.

But, hey, it was also the same thing that drove me to leave, so it's not all bad.

Brad

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

For me it was being sexually harrassed in the Kingdumb Hall.

I was breastfeeding my child in the mothers room and this same brother would always come in to do the count and he would just stare at me.

I told the elders but they didn't care they said he was just enjoying the beauty of mother and child.

Yeah right.

I hate those people still today and wish they would have prostate exams done by NBA basketball players with super big giant hands!

• Leilani
    Leilani
    For my teenage son, it must have been field service

As a teen, that was one of the worst things for me, too. I was a very shy child and field service, rather than bringing me out of my shell, made me retreat farther into it. I would literally feel sick on the weekends.

What bothered me the most after that was the isolation I felt since we were not supposed to associate with worldly people and the fact I was never encouraged in education.

• all_forgiving
    all_forgiving

All this is blowing my mind. As an outsider it's hard to believe this is expected out of you all. The pressures and the guilt.

Congrates on finding your own paths in life

• cherryblossomgirl
    cherryblossomgirl

For me, It was so hard to stay awake! I would find myself nodding off all of the time. Also, trying not to laugh during the kingdom melody "Hey there all you thirsty ones". I was about fifteen when I suddenly realized what a perverted connotation that has. My BF and I would look at each other and I was so hard not to start cracking up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit