THE WORST THING ABOUT THE BORG ??????????

by vitty 26 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

What was the worse thing while you where in the "truth"

For me, It felt that everynight was a meeting night, the relentlous pressure getting to the meetings.

For my husband, apart from the meetings, it was the never ending assiments

For my teenage son, it must have been field service

What was for you?

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

Its so hard to think about just 1 thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

forcing me to brting liturature to school and give it to my teacher from kindergarten on-that sucked. my mom would give me the school brochure and force me to give it to my teacher.I did that until 5th grade,then I would lie and tell her I gave it to them,I remember feeling very guilty,but it was worth not being humiliated.

Also ,telling me how my friends at school were going to die,because they don't love jehovah.I'd always say that it wasnt thier fault thier parents weren't jdubs.my parents would then explaion to me how they fell under thier parents fate, or some bull along those lines.

meetings and field service was like being marched off to hell.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The fact that they claim to speak for god. This allows them to say anything they want to the average JW... and get away with it.

Anyone who "speaks for god" has the power of god. As we all know, power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

• whyme
    whyme

MEETINGS! MEETINGS! AND THE ASSEMBLIES AND CONVENTIONS OF COURSE (but then again, I always got to get a new dress out of it) And every young person dreads field service so that's a given.

• whyme
    whyme

P.S WHAT IN THE WORLD DOES BORG STAND FOR????

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

bOrg: This is a reference to the Borg in the Star Trek - The Next Generation series. One of the earth's worst enemies was a cyborg collective that went around trying to "assimilate" everyone they found. Once one was assimilated one no longer had any freewill and did everything the collective demanded

ex-JWs like to spell it "bOrg" because the Watchtower Society (WTS) calls itself The Organization.

• melmac
    melmac

Field service... no doubt.

• jgnat
    jgnat

As an outsider, the wife of a JW, I would have to say the hot/cold attentions of the members. I am treated as an ambarrassment, hopefully fixed by a heavy dose of study. When I proved resistant, it was as if I were declared "unclean". They don't want to talk to me any more.

• blondie
    blondie

That they lie about lying even when you can prove they are lying.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Constant guilt tripping. Field service, meetings, study, prayer, "widening out", there's so much to do that I couldn't do any of it adequately. All I ever felt was guilt, guilt, guilt. My first three weeks of being out of the organization were so uplifting to me because I wasn't "skipping" meetings, I was simply not going. No guilt at all. Sweet, sweet, [lack of guilt].

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit