Yesteday...

by mrsjones5 10 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

we decided to go to ohio to see family since there was no snow and so the kids could get their presents from their grandmother. before we left out my husband wanted to stop at his favorite eletronics store because they were having a really good sale on speakers.

we go to the store. hubby goes in, buys speakers, and comes out with the salesman to load the speakers into our van.

after the speakers are loaded the salesman tells my hubby he wants to give our kids something but it's in his car. hubby says ok and moves the van over the the salesman's car. salesman whips out a mustard yellow book and proceeds to do a mini presentation on the book and it's benefits for my kids (who happened to be in the van also). salesman tries to give book to my kids and hubby intervenes and says to give to me for safekeeping.

i was nice and played dumb. after we left the store i told my hubby what the book was and who it was from and that mostlikely the salesman was a jw. hubby had no idea

another book for my collection.

Josie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wonder if that salesman's employer knows what he is doing.

I bet he would get a thorough scolding for doing that.

• Dustin
    Dustin

I always think it's stupid when the Witnesses find it necessary to be all preachy when they're at work. Can't they just do their job and act like a normal human once in a while. It reminds me of the stupid parking lot witnessing that was popular in my old cong.

Dustin

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think he would be fired if the store knew what he was doing.

• keeshah
    keeshah

Just think... he's probably counting his time the whole time he's at work!

I just destroyed all my literature that isn't worth money on ebay. After 15 years of being df'd and realizing that I was brought up in a cult, it was time.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I think you should report that salesmen to his employer. That is definitely NON-PROFESSIONAL behavior.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Dustin you brought to my mind what my ex husband use to do at his place of employment. He was a security officer at our Hospital. When he would go to his office which was an open concept he had sprawled out all over the table his magizines, books and bible and pen and paper and would preach to everyone at work and patients and visitors to the hospital. They called him preacher John.

He is a zealot, fanatic, and whatever other descriptive word you can think off. I only recently was told by someone at our local Hospital to what extend my ex annoyed people and employees. I am not sure if he ever go in hell of this, but he wouldn't e ver tell me a thing even if he did. I only know what people at our hospital tell me.

Many of them are not suprised that I divorced him. Me either for that matter.

Orangefatcat

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I think he'd get in trouble for that, too. He should just work his normal job and leave it at that, without feeling the need to pester others.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It just occurred to me, maybe that guy is trying to pioneer and hold down a job at the same time... literally!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you for all of your responses.

I've thought about it and I have decided at this moment to do nothing and wait. I say wait because during the stereo purchase I know that my husband gave personal information (phone number and address) that the jw salesman has access to. And it's not unreasonable to think that he will use this information to contact us. If he does then I will alert his employers as to his preaching tactics at their store.

I think that's the nice way to handle it for now.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit