Company switches to making water rather than beer..

by Special K 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Wow, I am totally impressed with this company. What a great, great idea. This is from my morning newspaper.

Special K

Brewery shifts to producing water
    COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (AP) - Sri Lanka's top brewery normally produces 160,000 bottles of beer a day. Now the plant has turned its technical might to producing a very different beverage: potable water for the survivors of the Asian tsunami disaster.

The production shift by the Lion Brewery didn't come without a few problems - chief of which was that the water still looked like beer because of the colour and labelling of the bottles, a company official said Saturday.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That's cool. Perhaps the wt could learn something. Perhaps if they made the mags of quilted paper, then they could be put to good use as towels, toilet paper, nappies, etc.

S

• Odrade
    Odrade

I think some of the large breweries in the states have done this sort of thing for past disasters. I seem to remember TV commercials promoting it. Pretty impressive.

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

Very cool. Water is far more important than beer right now for them. Hopefully all can get sorted out quickly over there so beer can again become as important as water.

Brad

• bem
    bem

That is very cool, Special K Thanks for sharing that info. it's encourageing.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The production shift by the Lion Brewery didn't come without a few problems - chief of which was that the water still looked like beer because of the colour and labelling of the bottles, a company official said Saturday.

lol... I bet a few people thought they were getting a bit more luckey than they were!

"Hey! This isn't beer!!!"

• Valis
    Valis

And they said the Branch Offices weren't helping the tsunami victims!...Wheat in due season as it were...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ballistic
    ballistic

In England, pubs are inspected to make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen.

• Valis
    Valis

ballistic, Gadget took me to a pub that looked like it hadn't been "inspected" since Oliver Cromwell was in charge..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ballistic
    ballistic

They are the best pubs Valis.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit