Positive Islamic Thread

by eyeslice 36 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

it 's the people at the top who control everyone else's lives who are to blame

You could save a lot of lives by sending in hitman to take out key people - Adolf Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, Ayotollah Khomenie, Quaddaffi , Ayatlloahs - other , Mullah Omah, Saddam Hussein -- and one or two westerners I could think of also

• one
    one

like printing, war is an industry (part of the economy) with its chain of suppliers and demand

• one
    one

mary is blaming people at the "top" in the islamic culture, but then i compared with similar actions by top leader in western countries

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The Sword of Islam

• one
    one

hitman?

when they think convinient (instead of war) they try hitman, but is much harder in recent times, since J. F. Kennedy.

• Carmel
    Carmel

I have many many friends of Iranian decent. They are the despised and despicable lot called Baha'is. Because they are outlawed in Iran, a married Baha'i woman is considered worse than a prostitute by the Muslim clergy and they are want to incite those feelings in the faithful fanatics. Even in this state, Iranian Bahais, men and women refuse to condem Islam for what the clerics have do to it. Much like the JWs. who, if they had the power, would stone to death a recalcitrant teenager who "disobeys his/her parents". Slavery is justified by some Christian sects based on their rendering of biblical scripture and many muslim men gladly act on the twisting of scripture from the Koran. Islam came a long way in the liberation of women during its first two centuries. After that the cultural habits overtook the reasonableness and replaced it with chauvinistic maltreatment of women that has gone on unabated to this day.

carmel

• Mary
    Mary
    Islam came a long way in the liberation of women during its first two centuries. After that the cultural habits overtook the reasonableness and replaced it with chauvinistic maltreatment of women that has gone on unabated to this day.

Bingo. Islam was prospering when Christianity was living in the Dark Ages, and they enjoyed a period of wealth, not just financially, but in knowledge, the arts and advancements. Unfortunately it didn't last and the last 200 years especially has seen them degress right back to the Stone Age, just like Christianity did. The incredibly brutal treatment of women that is sanctioned officially by Islam, is repulsive and disgusting. Until Islam decides to join the 21st century, they're going to continue to be left behind.

• under74
    under74

Again- not all Islamic people have cultural hang-ups about women.

And again- don't judge lest you be judged--as in we have problems of our own.

"Unfortunately it didn't last and the last 200 years especially has seen them degress right back to the Stone Age, just like Christianity did. The incredibly brutal treatment of women that is sanctioned officially by Islam, is repulsive and disgusting. Until Islam decides to join the 21st century, they're going to continue to be left behind."

I'm unaware that there is an official sanction by the Islamic faith (there are many sects and forms of Islam) Where is this stated in this great big book of official Islam rules?

You might want to back this up with facts.

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    Where is this stated in this great big book of official Islam rules?

Actually, it's called the Sharia, or Islamic law.

Yes, some countries, and cultures, follow this more closely than others.

Here's a beef I have with the Sharia. It does COMMAND for female circumcision mutilation. And yes, I'm POINTING my finger at it.

For those males that don't have a problem with Islam, if the Sharia called for lopping off the last inch of your DICK I'm certain the practicing of islam would have been abolished centuries ago.

So much for positive.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

BG,

I really hope you take the time to read the following article.

FGM is no part of the shari'a. Most Muslims worldwide don't practice it and never did. It is an originally African cultural practice which came to coexist with Islam as well as Christianity in some places. FGM and Islam are entirely distinct subjects.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit