1/15/05 Saturday Chicago Meetup--Reza's Restaurant (Clark Street)

by blondie 67 Replies latest jw friends

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Posted by Miss Eyegirl elsewheres on the net:

well peeps, we made our reservations. We're staying at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare. Bring your suits (bathing, that is) for a little fun and fornication in the swimming pool/hot tub/sauna/all of the above. there's a kick ass pool, nice restaurant(s), bar and we're only 2 blocks from the El. If anyone wants to party with us friday or later saturday, you're more than welcome. we should be rolling into town probably around 7, if we pee out the window and gramma doesn't drive!

Hyatt Regency Hotel

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

just a thought, is Reza's close to the El? we were hoping to not have to drive once we made it to the hotel. also, i'm kinda hoping to head into downtown saturday on the train. any takers? (jojo with the bonobo, i'm already kidnapping you for that trip!)

• bavman
    bavman

pretty swanky jo! i doubt i'll be staying there i guess...

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

actually, we got a REALLY good deal on it at Hotwire.

• Jez
    Jez

I sure wish I could go. Too far away. Maybe this summer i will ride my moterbike down South and met up somewhere with some of you!

• bavman
    bavman

oh ic eyegirl, you are planning on hotwiring your room...i gottcha....

• Xena
    Xena
    actually, we got a REALLY good deal on it at Hotwire.

Hotwire ROCKS! Wish I could be there with ya'll...but between Seattle and Dallas I'm fested out for a bit

• Evesapple
    Evesapple
    just a thought, is Reza's close to the El? we were hoping to not have to drive once we made it to the hotel. also, i'm kinda hoping to head into downtown saturday on the train. any takers?

If you are staying at the hotel near O'hare, than no, you cannot take the train to Rezas, Rezas is a couple of blocks to the 'Red' line....

O'hare is the Blue line.....you'd have to take a train and bus, and the bus suck, waaaay too long.....PM me, if anyone wants park by my house and cab it to Rezas.....I live in the city just a little south west of that neighborhood....

Eva

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

if we did take the red line, which stop do we get off at for the restaurant?

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

1st if you are staying near O'hare your best bet (if you don't want to take a car) is get on the Blue Line and get off at the Jefferson Park stop, from there take the 92 Foster bus heading west and get off at Clark, Rezas is about a couple blocks north on Clark to Farragut.

If you were staying somewhere downtown you could take the Red Line north (to Howard) and get off at Berwyn, it's maybe about a 5 block walk from there.

There's lots of parking at my house and it's very easy to get to from the airport with minimal congestion, so those are a few options.

If you want you can also download a CTA map.

http://www.chicagotransitauthority.com/maps/maps/fwebmaptrain.pdf

this might help too

http://www.chicagotransitauthority.com/maps/Bus/bus/92.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit