Anybody make New Year's resolutions/have cabbage, black-eyed peas, etc?

by Frannie Banannie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH
    Anyone else make any New Year's resolutions?

I'll try to lose 5 lbs this year so that all my clothes will fit properly.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Cool, JH! I love yer avatar...that's "smokin' "

• snakeizz
    snakeizz

I love black eyed peas....when they are made right....LOL

It is said that when eaten on New Year's day, they will bring you luck and prosperity. The peas are supposed to represent coins. My personal resolutions are to continue to live a more healthy live, strengthen my family draw closer to God, enlighten and help others, and enjoy each day with people I love...So anyway in that regard, whether you guys are eating them or not, I wish you all peace and unbounded blessings for the new year

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Pork is supposed to be for health, I think - as in "fat-n-happy". Every culture has traditional lucky foods for New Year, and being a mongrel I'm kind of trolling for favorites. I've only just (within the past few days!) begun exploring my Jewish heritage, so I've made a big pot of borscht and I'm asking my husband to cook some salmon (for the silvery skin). And then there are the eggrolls (to the Chinese, they look like gold bars). For the greens, I'm serving Spinach Salad with Trinkets - spinach, sliced apple, pecans, and golden raisins (that's American for sultanas). You know, everything we're eating today has some gold and green in it; even the borscht includes cabbage, and yellow beets for garnish.

GentlyFeral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit