Does Jehovah Have A Over Active Ego Problem????

by frankiespeakin 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• new light
    new light
    I find it amazing that anyone could think that they have a perspective from which to judge God

Ahhh, thanks for the reminder, there, Deputy Dog! We used to think like that too, and its always good to reflect on how far we've come. Happy New Year!

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints
    I find it amazing that anyone could think that they have a perspective from which to judge God

he's talkin about the god of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

and to answer the question, yes ! this god worshipped by Jehovah's Witnesses is a flawed god,---vain, jealous, temperamental and unforgiving.

anyway, you would expect a divine being to be above such human frailties. furthermore, why should God punish us for exhibiting the same flaws he has? thank you for another interesting, thought-provoking post, frankiespeakin. you always drag my brain from its slumber...

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Job's friends found that amazing too about their pal.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

frankie

I totally agree that the "God of the universe" can do what ever he wants. But we are talking about the tribal God of the Isrealites.

I don't think you know that God well enough to judge him. If you're asking about the JW God that is something altogether different.

You see that's a problem that you have. Because you can't get yourself to make a judgement about this God,, or aleast entertain the idea that he act harshly and unloving at times. So automatically you alsways give a favorable judgement. You have in effect closed your mind when it come to God.

I'm not so arrogant as to think I could run the universe, so when God does something I don't like or understand, I don't think I have a vantage point from which to judge. It is you who has the closed mind, if you think that you have enough facts to make such a judgment. You seem to think God can only be God if he gets your approval.

Are you too afraid to admit he is unloving even privately in your own mind. Are you afraid that if you even think the idea he will find out and you won't get everlasting life.

That is tipical witness thinking, not mine. I was given everlasting life long before I repented of that kind of thinking. You see frankie, I don't believe I deserve everlasting life, I don't deserve life at all, let alone any of life's blessings, so I don't worry about his displeasure with my sin. I don't have a problem with Jobs words:

Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. In all this Job sinned not, nor charged God foolishly.

I think the problem here with some on this forum, is that the org still controls your mind to the point of thinking that if the org is wrong then the bible can't be true. You leave the org and you never give the bible a 2nd look. The Watchtower only lets you see God as "the lion of judah" never "the suffering servent" of Isaiah 53 revealed as God in the New Testament as Christ. The Watchtower never sees Christ as God so the average witness never gets a complete look at God.

frankie it is you that has a closed mind, you are fighting a god that never existed until the JWs came along and then you imposed him on the rest of Christianity. Your loss.

D Dog

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

DD,

frankie
    I totally agree that the "God of the universe" can do what ever he wants. But we are talking about the tribal God of the Isrealites.

I don't think you know that God well enough to judge him. If you're asking about the JW God that is something altogether different.

If I can't make a judgement about the bible God and I am just to accept him as loving dispite his murdering ego-centric actions in the OT,, then I guess we can'treally have a rational discussion between you and I since you insist with the limitation where one is not allow to think for himself or question the bible God.

I'm not just talking about the JW "God". I think if you read with a little more attention you will see very clearly I was talking about 2 different God's 1. the God of the universe and 2. the biblical God of the isrealites.

You see that's a problem that you have. Because you can't get yourself to make a judgement about this God,, or aleast entertain the idea that he act harshly and unloving at times. So automatically you alsways give a favorable judgement. You have in effect closed your mind when it come to God.

I'm not so arrogant as to think I could run the universe, so when God does something I don't like or understand, I don't think I have a vantage point from which to judge. It is you who has the closed mind, if you think that you have enough facts to make such a judgment. You seem to think God can only be God if he gets your approval.

Well your first mistake here is that you are assuming that the bible is the word of God. If you could just try to be as unbiased as humanly possible and read the bible critically,,without any fear of displeasing a God that requires faith. Then I think that you would conclude the bible is too full of contridictions to be the word of a God that transcends the universe.(fear of this God can make one very biased and close minded to see things that other see as the obvious).(faith=thought control) (fear of God= thought control)

Are you too afraid to admit he is unloving even privately in your own mind. Are you afraid that if you even think the idea he will find out and you won't get everlasting life.

That is tipical witness thinking, not mine. I was given everlasting life long before I repented of that kind of thinking. You see frankie, I don't believe I deserve everlasting life, I don't deserve life at all, let alone any of life's blessings, so I don't worry about his displeasure with my sin.

I don't see anything in my statement that is typical of witness thinking. Actually I don't know how you can say you have been given everlasting life,, How do you know???

I think the problem here with some on this forum, is that the org still controls your mind to the point of thinking that if the org is wrong then the bible can't be true. You leave the org and you never give the bible a 2nd look.
    LOL. When I left the JW I kept reading the Bible and researching it,,which I think a good portion do when they leave. After about 2 years of sticking to the bible I finally learned enough to know it is just a book of a mythical god. This was not hasty by no means.

The Watchtower only lets you see God as "the lion of judah" never "the suffering servent" of Isaiah 53 revealed as God in the New Testament as Christ. The Watchtower never sees Christ as God so the average witness never gets a complete look at God.
    I fail to see your point here. Unless you are saying that you have had a complete look at God???

frankie it is you that has a closed mind, you are fighting a god that never existed until the JWs came along and then you imposed him on the rest of Christianity. Your loss. D Dog

Well that's your opinion based one assumptions.
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I guess if somebody killed another person because they did'nt get the respect they felt that they deserved you could say the killer had an over active Ego to put it mildly.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

The God of the bible kills a man for trying to steady the Arch of the Covenent. Is that any way to treat a worshipper who's concern moved him to act in a way he thought the God of the bible wanted him to?? People with big Egos often fail to have mercy and take into consideration the feelings and pains of others.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Jesus - Jehovah = Good cop - Bad Cop

Steve.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Steve,

Yeah and Jesus only apears to be the good cop. Because he's comming again to destroy all unbeleivers.

• czarofmischief

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit