Does Jehovah Have A Over Active Ego Problem????

by frankiespeakin 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I'm talking about the bible God Jehovah need to be worshipped,,and his utter hatred towards other gods the people worshipped. I mean after all he has his people put to death if the worship any one else. He even admits he is a very jealeous God,,so what are your opinions??

• Quotes
    Quotes

I agree.

Imagine doing a global "search/replace" operation on the bible, and replace:

- "Jehovah" with "John Smith"
    - "god" with "boyfriend"
    - "worship" with "love"

What you end up with is a story about a rather psychotic boyfriend named John Smith who is a "jealous boyfriend" and who will "smite all other boyfriends and the girlfriends that love them."

~Quotes, of the "Not Made In *THAT* Image" class

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The god of the bible describes itself as a "jealous" god. Interestingly this same god also says that a "fruitage of the flesh" is jealousy.

I stand by my claim that every god is created in the image of the one who worships it.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

frankie

A better question "Does frankie have an over active ego problem????" I'm talking about why frankie is so upset by people who worship a God who is bigger than themselves.

D Dog

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

DD,

I'll answer your question and I admit to having ego problem and some times think a little too much of myself. But I'm intrested in what you think about Jehovah does He have a ego problem? I see his ego problem right in the very begining with Adam and Eve and the forbidden fruit.

• new light
    new light

Big time. The jealousy and violence really make you question the entire bible. How can any thinking person worship or even respect such a nincompoop as Yahweh?

• VM44
    VM44

The god of the bible describes itself as a "jealous" god.

How else will you get a ancient nation of middle eastern people to follow a religion? It was important to have a common set of beliefs for the people of Israel, and to make the people want to follow the set of values that defined Israel. (or at fear the consequences of not following or believing them)

--VM44

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

frankie

I think that the God of the universe has every right and freedom to be what ever he wants. I find it amazing that anyone could think that they have a perspective from which to judge God

D Dog

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

DD,

I think that the God of the universe has every right and freedom to be what ever he wants.

I totally agree that the "God of the universe" can do what ever he wants. But we are talking about the tribal God of the Isrealites.

I find it amazing that anyone could think that they have a perspective from which to judge God
    You see that's a problem that you have. Because you can't get yourself to make a judgement about this God,, or aleast entertain the idea that he act harshly and unloving at times. So automatically you alsways give a favorable judgement. You have in effect closed your mind when it come to God.
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

To our general lurkers,

Has this scary tribal God Jehovah,,frightened you so much that you must alway think that he is "loving" even when in the bible he kills lots of people who anger him in some way. Are you too afraid to admit he is unloving even privately in your own mind. Are you afraid that if you even think the idea he will find out and you won't get everlasting life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit