The Armageddon message is going to be a difficult one to sell to the public over the next year, and I can see many JWs slowing down and beginning to ask some searching questions relating to this disaster.
I totally agree! I have already been receiving E-mails from friends who ask:
1. If the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses (did not) forsee the Tsunami Disaster coming, then how in the world can they (forsee) even a (larger) disaster in the future such as that of Armageddon? After all, isn't God the (only) one who is supposed to know of the day and hour?
2. How many testimonies will there be by many of the people who were affected by the disaster, to the effect that Jehovah's Witnesses were there to aid, but they aided their own first, rather than offerred aid to ANYONE else at the time?
3. Why are there (different) stories coming from JWs that are (close) to the effected areas, than those stories coming from Watchtower Headquarters?
4. Why are there reports of JWs stopping to fill (water) jugs at unaffected facilities, when the Watchtower Headquarters, claim that (funds) have been allocated to supply the JWs fresh water?
5. Why do we see that there are indeed (trucks) that can arrive close to some of these affected areas, when the Watchtower Headquarters stated that (no) trucks, (such as their own) can be used to get supplies there?
6. Doesn't the Watchtower (own) a couple of Yaughts, that could get some supplies to areas that are hard to get to?
7. Couldn't the Watchtower put one of their (airplanes) at the disposal of some of the victims, and fly them back over here to the United States, if they are from here? Doesn't the Watchtower have Aviation approval to fly to other countries (anyway), due to the different Branch Offices being located in some of these countries (close) to the affected areas?
In-other-words, there are going to be a whole lot of questions that will arise from this. And the (whole) world will get a birds eye view of just how (loving) the Watchtower Society is to their fellow man!