3 year old nephew has "bad dreams about Jehovah punishing him"

by mkr32208 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

We watched my 3 year old nephew today. The wife and I took him and my two daughters (1 and 3) too the zoo. While we were driving home he was talking to my daughter in the back seat and started telling her about this "bad dream" that jehovah was punishing him "like david" My wife (dubber) was trying really hard to get him to stop relating this story (I've told her the kids WILL NOT be raised at witlesses!) but he's going on and on about it, everytime she changes the subject a few minutes later he brings it up again... I looked in his bag that his mom packed and there's some cartoon movie from the WBTS about david and Noah... I guess she figured maybe he would get my kids to watch it if she put it in there! So I ask him "do you want to watch this?" He yells "NO" and runs and HIDES BEHIND THE CHAIR IN MY BEDROOM!

Now I havent' seen this but if it's anything like "Warning examples for our day" (I watched half of that POS and through it in the trash!) I can understand why he's scared and having nightmares...

I wish I could say something but I know that his parents (my bro and sister in law) don't want him to be around me much anyway (he's elder, she's pioneer) so I bite my tongue... This cult is just so F*CKING twisted!!!!!!

• Odrade
    Odrade

OMG, that's pretty horrible. Poor little boy...

I had a JW friend who's little boy would cry and cry about some of the pictures in the bible story book. He would also have nightmares. So she "sanitized" a copy so he'd have something to look at for meetings without getting the crap scared out of him. There were at least 1/2 dozen pictures that she cut out of the book.

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

It reminds me of the topic over on the beliefs and practices page about WTBTS horror stories for children.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

You should see the updated version of the great teacher book. Now that has pictures that could scare the shit out of a kid.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am sorry that he has nightmares. I remember when I was about 6 years old, I would have recurring dreams about Crosses coming to kill me and chasing me, as I was told that Crosses were bad, and would have countless dreams of armageddon, and crawling through rubble to find my family, and thinking that at any time, I was going to be destroyed too. The watchtower tries to install guilt and fear even at an early age. It is sickening that they use such evil tactics to sway people in believing their lies.

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

oh yeah? what book is that called? i will get a copy. i just got a copy of "from paradise lost to paradise regained" from an amazon zbookshop (or whatever those websellers on amazon's webpages are called), and i just can't believe my mum & dad could fall for that stuff, and visited it on me & my brothers.

p

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I remember when I was a child I had horrible dreams. I think I was 6 years old.

I never thought about it until now...its like all of a sudden the memories came back to me and I can see the vivid dream in my head as I speak.

My Dream:

I remember I thought Armageddon was going to be like the Nazi's in war. And I could hear them marching closer and closer. And I was hiding in my closet. We lived next to a church so I thought our home would be destroyed because the chruch was so close by. And I thought I was bad for the little petty things I did and I was hiding not wanting them to take me away and kill me for being bad. I would wake up before they got to me everytime.

I completely forgot about that until this post was written.

Brooke

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

And I had dreams about deomns attacking me until I was in my mid twenties and left the organization

• Forscher
    Forscher

If its the same "warning examples for our day" that I have, its not a cartoon about David and Noah. It is a drama centered on when the Israelites were poised to enter the land of Canaan under Joshua and fell into sin. It carries a strong message about obedience without question.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The simple fact that he continued talking about this after the subject was changed several times is a clear indicator that the scare tactics have had a profound impact on him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit