by Preston 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUT and about
    OUT and about

Preston, you are a Man among men.

Best wishes in 2005!

Will

• Preston
    Preston
    Wishing you love and peace in the new year...

Thank You Fleur. You've been very sweet to me here. I love your responses...

I cannot speak to the issues of your being gay, but I can say that we all have need of keeping a keen eye on our own individual ghost and skeletons that exist in the closets of everyone, from Prince, to the Pope, to the President. Small and great, we are all just skeletons supported by weakly flesh.

I've learned very well how not to judge or overly criticize because I have a fleet of container ships loaded with baggage. A history, a questionable past, and it has taught the benefit of learning how to let some things go.

Thank you Prophecor. I appeciated what you said there about skeletons. I think we've all carried... alot from living such a strange inhumane life and being thrust out into the world. It's a little like rebirth, very spiritual. I wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't the most naive person in dealing with realty
    once I had to leave.

Beautifully said, and so true...thanks for such an obviously well thought-out post.

Thank you Joanna

Have a great new year and heres hoping for all the future years to be great also.

Thank you Bem

Your year end post certainly helped put things in presepctive.

Thank you pratt

I too agree that you have written a beautiful post. And I take it to heart. I too believe that you really never get the full person and who they are and what they are truly like until you meet. Also like you said meeting a few times. I feel that when I write either I make a funny comment to humor life and to turn a negitive to a positive or I say things from my heart.
    I am new here to a point. So I don't know many of these poeple but who I have talked to and e-mailed I feel as if I have known them all my life because they have went through the same things I have.

I appreciate your humor WAIH. I think living such a sad life as a JW makes is even harder not to laugh at all of what we had to deal with in that environment... I think all of my posts tend to be pretty non-serious, but living a life as a devout JW / Ministerial Servant takes a toll. We need humor to survive our transition.

If we knew all the secrets that they had, would we still think of them the same?

It's a shame we never really 'knew' anyone as Jehovah's Witnesses. Our lives were all bookwork, there was so little which was deep, or personal, or humanist about the whole experience. I have liked talking with you so far here Swan. As for the Preston on the TV show....hmmmm, I wonder which one you might be thinking of... I also respect your mom for her courage and understanding, most JW's spend their enire lifetimes before soming close to admitting any sort of wrong way they've taught their kids. Bravo Swan's mom!

Despite my having the EQ of a stone, the bit of sensitivities that I do have

I've heard nothing but praise for you here ms, don't know much about the EQ comment...and, I do think you should call your dad ;-)

I have enjoyed your posts this year and your chats...You make me smile and laugh!!! Thank you!!!

Thanks code, you're one of my favorite 'party girls' here...

Preston, you are a Man among men.

Thanks OUT, have a good year as well....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Mothers are wonderful - iwould die for my mothe rand worship the ground she walks on - she is not a witness by the way

• Preston
    Preston
    Mothers are wonderful - iwould die for my mothe rand worship the ground she walks on - she is not a witness by the way

I'm glad you feel that way still. I would die for very few people. my mom is definitely one of them. I give her a lot fo credit for raising us, changing our diapers, getting us out of trouble..... that seems a helluva lot more important than service time and weekly meeting attendance.... - Preston

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

That was beautiful, Preston. Your essay fully appreciated the differences with us all, and yet the similarities.

I'm a BA Christian. Don't ask me why, because I couldn't TELL you why I believe in God and Christ, I just do. I bet you couldn't tell me, and convince me, why you don't. It doesn't matter to me if you do or not, and it SHOULD not matter to me if you do or not.

because whatever choice you make, you're responsible for your own choices, be they right or wrong. If there is a God or not, there are still consequences to our choices, and those consequences, OR rewards, we'll see.. But it's not for anyone ELSE to see them. We're ultimately responsible for ourselves and we're ultimately responsible for just two things. Two simple things:

Loving each other

Loving God

Happy New Year and I loved your essay Preston...

CG

• Preston
    Preston

Thank you Country, liked your response. I don't see anyhting wrong with being a BA Christian, if you're sicere and your beliefs don't hurt anyone. I'm still at a point where I'm reconciling a lot of things in my life with God, the spiritual, the Christ, and so on..... I think there are a lot of things we just believe in, even if we don't have proof, we just know its there....

- Preston

• Xena
    Xena

Thank you for posting that Preston....a nice reminder. I know I need one from time to time.

There was always some part of me that didn?t want to admit they preferred the caricature aspect of me, rather than the real me.

I know the feeling.

Happy New Year

• avishai
    avishai

Beautiful post. It sums up so beautifully something I've been trying to say for so long, I'm tired of polarization and pigeonholes. If they were meant for people they'd be called people holes.

• Preston
    Preston

Thanks Avishai and Xena,

I'll try to never make the mistake again of characterizing people on the board according to types it hurts a lot of people here. "people holes", interesting....

- Preston

• Fleur
    Fleur
    It's a shame we never really 'knew' anyone as Jehovah's Witnesses. Our lives were all bookwork, there was so little which was deep, or personal, or humanist about the whole experience.

That is SO true! I have never spent so much time with so many people and yet, in the end, knew so little about them.

There's a saying out there, you're only as sick as your secrets...(I forget if that's an Alanon thing or what, I know I've heard it somewhere) and that applies so much to the KH I believe. Too many secrets, with so many people only caring how things look, not what is actually going on.

"People holes" LOL. I'm going to remember that one.

hugs again to Preston and everybody on this thread (Avishai I love your posts, just felt like saying that)

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit