Did you exhibit some wierd behaviour ...

by Brummie 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Brummie
    Brummie

...when exiting the Watchtower?

I thought I was going absolutely mad. Told lies and invented other stories and scenerios to hide the fact that I was coping with coming out of a cult. Had to be called into my bosses office 3 times for him to tell me that I was having a nervous breakdown, he recognised the traits that I thought I was hiding pretty well. So I invented a huge tale that I am embarressed to even recall now. I dont know how I was percieved by them but somehow I got through it all and found my feet again, never thought I would though.

When I look back I was in a total daze for months. Of course there are those who would argue that I am worse now than I ever was... ;)

Brummie

• Mulan
    Mulan

I mainly lied to my JW friends, who were constantly trying to get me out in service. "no, sorry, I'm working".................*how about Saturday*, "ummm, nope, work that day too". That person never suggested Sunday because she took that day off. (I wasn't working.....................but they didn't know that)

• FairMind
    FairMind

I've always been wierd so it is hard to tell.

FM

• Dustin
    Dustin

I just got off of being reproved for having a few to many drinks. I kept trying to go, and then they kept treating me like I was a little kid. Then I had a sister yell at me for parking crooked, and I blew my roof. I just quit going, but it's had a lot of effects on my behavior. I'm not nearly as nice of a person as I used to be, I just had it with peoples' crap. It also affeced my marriage for a little while.

• Brummie
    Brummie

thx, interesting, I really went extreme in the behavioural department, I sound like a drama queen.

lol @ fair

Brummie

• Swan
    Swan

Yeah.

Nightmares. Sleepless nights. Fell asleep at my desk. Went home for lunch, took naps and overslept. Went back into work and had to take an hour of sick time. Crying spells that wouldn't stop. Would crawl under my desk into a huddle ball when things got really bad. At home I started to beat myself with various objects, such as shoes.

My counselor said that these were symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Since counseling and medication I don't do it any more, except nightmares occasionally.

Tammy

• Brummie
    Brummie

Wow swan, I can relate to a lot of that! Thx, did you ever wake up one morning and couldnt remember where you were at in life? I couldnt remember if I had been disfelloshpd, if I was allowed to call anyone, if a freind of mine had committed suicide etc. As it stood none of these things had happened but I just couldnt fathom were I left off before I fell asleep, it was about 4 hours before I could remember. Strange behaviour huh.

aww sorry you had to go through that.

Brummie

• Sassy
    Sassy

my hair was falling out from the stress of exiting...it was horrible. I did actually take my boss aside and was honest with him about my stress...however a co worker is a jw and I didn't want him to know because I didnt want shunning and a hostile enviromment in the work place...

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

Is feeling suicidal weird or normal? I think considering the circumstances, it was not that weird.

I also use to sit in my car in the parking lot and cry before I went into work in the mornings. I had nightmares too, but it is was the unexplained sobbing fits that came out of nowhere that drove me nuts. I would go to the store to but milk, the cashier would wish me a nice day, and I would go out the store ... waaaahaaahaaa!!!!! Glad I got over that!

• Swan
    Swan
    Wow swan, I can relate to a lot of that! Thx, did you ever wake up one morning and couldnt remember where you were at in life? I couldnt remember if I had been disfelloshpd, if I was allowed to call anyone, if a freind of mine had committed suicide etc. As it stood none of these things had happened but I just couldnt fathom were I left off before I fell asleep, it was about 4 hours before I could remember. Strange behaviour huh.

No, none of that, but I did some sleepwalking during that period too. Strange behavior indeed.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit