De Rookerij

by Abaddon 23 Replies latest members adult

• Valis
    Valis

hemp lover...if it dries out it loses its potency...

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    if it dries out it loses its potency

nuh-uh, cuz this stuff was dryyyyy. or maybe i'm just a lightweight?

• Valis
    Valis

most of the thc comes from the resins that are produced by the vegetation, so if the resins dry out you inevitably lose potency. Just the same way it works with cooking herbs.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

oh well ... I feel good right now if you see what I mean ... it's my personal gift for christmas
    but coffee shops over there are truly original to me lots of differents types just like bars with the big difference that everydodies cool and doesn't seems to care anything but being cool and chating or dreaming and in the touristic place exchanging tips on the matter ... nothing to do with bars and club from over here ... I would go out way way way more often !!!)

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think herb is good for JWs,,if they find themselves depressed because of the pressure to alway do more they get from the org,,they may want to see if they can get some mj and release some of that stress,,and when they do perhaps the mj will get them to think ouside the little box the Wt put them in.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

What if I took the seeds from my husband's and planted them in the backyard, would they grow???

• Valis
    Valis

Black Swan...ya they will grow, but most of the seeds you get won't sprout. The ones that do need water and sun and that's it. If you planted them now, by the time Halloween rolled around you might have a plant that starts budding. The problem is that if you only grow one plant it might be a male, which is pretty much useless. AND if you grow more than one you have to watch them, and cull any male plants that start to grow, because you don't want one to pollenate the female plant...You want it to bud, but not produce seeds if any. And so sayeth me.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

I grew some once with my housemates. We never really intended to. We had bought some grass and it had a lot of seeds in it, so just for the hell of it we decided to collect them and plant them. We got maybe 22-25 seeds, planted them in a little tray with some soil, put it out in the conservatory and hoped that a couple would sprout.

A week later, we had 20-22 seedlings. We weren't really sure what to do after that, but within a few days they were threatening to outgrow the tray so we put as many as we could in their own plastic pots. Of course, we had to buy most of the pots and the soil but by this stage we were considering them an investment. We still had 19 plants.

It didn't take long before they started to outgrow the pots and we had to set up a system of irrigated troughs. We lost one of the plants in the transfer, but still had 18 which now needed only minimal attention. As we were dependent on natural light, we couldn't force them to mature and had to wait until they were ready. For several months our conservatory looked like a rainforest. We lived in constant terror of the landlord calling. By harvest time, we still had 18 plants ranging in height from 5 to 8 feet.

By this time, we had familiarised ourselves with much of the literature written on the subject and talked to various experts. While some people are adamant that male plants are worthless and should be destroyed immediately, others seem to think that while the levels of THC are lower, male plants are still worth smoking if you don't have anything better. Fortunately, males mature before females and as we needed to cut them down anyway, we decided to test this hypothesis. We cut down the first identifiably male plant, dried it under the stairs for about a week, picked some of the flowers and smaller leaves, finished drying them in a microwave, ground them in a coffee grinder, smoked them and got very stoned. Success!

But there was still a lot of work to do. We chopped down the male plants as soon as we were sure they were males, and dried them in various warm places throughout the house. As expected, about half the plants were male. The females mature slightly later we had managed to remove most of the males before this happened so all the females except one remained unfertilised (and even that one only produced a few seeds). Every few days for several weeks, we stripped the dried plants and sorted everything into ziploc bags, graded from big male leaves (not great for smoking but fine for cooking or when you've run out of everything else) to mixed bags (for everyday use) to pure sticky sensimilla bud (for special occasions)

Four of us smoked constantly for about six months without ever having to buy any grass. Ah, good times! At least I think they were. My memory of them is a little foggy.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Valis & FunkyDerek

Guys thank you sooo much for the info. What's more....

My husband thanks you. Greatly. :)

I'm bookmarking the site, Valis. Thank's

Happy New Years

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFLMAO @ Derek!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit