Lying to someone on their deathbed...

by mkr32208 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Is it wrong? They are going to be dead soon right? Does it matter what we tell someone who's dying?

Here's the case in point suppose someone is halfway through the ol' bucket kick and they ask you to promise to raise their great-grandkids (your kids) as witlesses so they will see them in the new system...

Do you say ok g-ma sure I promise whatever and then just go about your life as normal? Thats my plan but my witless wife is going to try to say "you promised g-ma"... maybe I'll become a muslim then if she says that I can smack her around...

On a semi-unrelated topic news of the weird reported on a muslim woman who went to court to get her husband to stop beating her and the court ordered him to stop and she said "I didn't want that, I only wanted the court to order him to only beat me once a week"... WTF is the MATTER with these people!!!!!!

• missy04
    missy04
    Here's the case in point suppose someone is halfway through the ol' bucket kick and they ask you to promise to raise their great-grandkids (your kids) as witlesses so they will see them in the new system...

I guess in that case you just say whatever makes the person feel better.

• Daunt
    Daunt

On a semi-unrelated topic news of the weird reported on a muslim woman who went to court to get her husband to stop beating her and the court ordered him to stop and she said "I didn't want that, I only wanted the court to order him to only beat me once a week"... WTF is the MATTER with these people!!!!!!

• Mulan
    Mulan

It doesn't really matter, in my opinion. I think I would say whatever I felt like saying at the moment. I thoroughly expect my mother to do something like that.

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

i think it's wrong. i wouldn't want someone to lie to me...

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I'll just be brutally honest and say "There is no sky god named Jehovah that'll bring my children to you in a biblically disputed concept, sorry. I hope life has something better for you beyond this."

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well we could say loudly "sure g ma I promise I wIl take the kids to the K DUM hall regularly", then turn your head and wisper "once every 15 yrs."

Say it all in one sentence and you are not lying and granny just missed the last few words.

You have to remember though, Once every 15 yrs.

Outoftheorg. I just love being of help here.

• Mary
    Mary
    Do you say ok g-ma sure I promise whatever and then just go about your life as normal?

Yep.

It's a combination of their screwed up religion and culture. These women think they deserve to be beaten because it's what's been hammered into them (literally) from birth.

• defective light
    defective light

Perfectly acceptable.... as long as your fingers are crossed behind your back !

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The person on their deathbed knows more than you. It's pointless..

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit