What's next for the Watchtower in 2005?

by truthseeker 22 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Automatic withdrawal slips from your bank account so you won't have to worry about missing that weekly donation. Comes with only checkboxes to indicate the amount. $20, $50 and $100.

• PinTail
    PinTail

Will find out that the governing body members were nothing more than a bunch of Gummie Bears .

• Sirona
    Sirona

Welcome to the forum Bob.

Maybe you're just miffed because you know that half the things mentioned in this thread will probably happen! Most people here are recovering from their exit of the JW cult. Most are being shunned by so called loving JWs.

So we expose the lies the WTS has told - and I'm not surprised that as a JW you might not like that.

Sirona

• aojumper
    aojumper

Bob,

I get that hate and anger thing from a lot of my friends and family who are JW's. They are right, we hate that this authoritarian religion has excercised so much control over us, whether we let it by joining up or especially if we were raised in it with no other choice, or thought or say in the matter.

I am very angery at the Watchtower for the things that happened in my childhood that were totally unneccesary and unchristian, things that were only to help them keep their own sick power and control.

There is no real love in the Watchtower. On the other hand, here on this board, there is unconditoonal love, even when we express hate and anger for the "borg", we still love the people in the organisation (with the exception of the child molesters and those that hurt others mentally or physically). And we support and love each other here unconditionally. Whenever I have a problem, I know I have support here, and everyone here has my support and my prayers as well.

The thing about this post is that, even though we are joking, some of it the Society may actually go ahead with. And that is just plain sad.

May Jehovah open your eyes, that you might see.

Love,

K

• Descender
    Descender

JR Bob Dobbs said:

I love you all... May Jehovah Rebuke You!

Hahahahahahahah. I don't know what to say, it just struck me as really funny. Thanks for the judgement. We'll all try to follow the loving example you've showed so far.

• Hondo
    Hondo

Bob Dobbs,

We all love you too. May you have a very Happy New Year, and unlike you wishing Jehovah rebuke all us "evil" people, I wish for you that the peace and love of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the fellow-ship of all men, be with you always.

" For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that WHOEVER believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believe in the name of God's one and only Son." John 3:16-18

Have a wonderful day Bob. God Bless you.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Even if you do feel that the WT is bad then how does returning evil for evil help?

I've never seen it that way - from my pov, exposing the evil in the Org is simply repaying evil with good. Surely you think that the exposure of corruption within jehovah's Organisation is a good thing!

• sf
    sf

Heya Bob,

Great stuff here:

http://my.execpc.com/~geezer/misc/copypage.htm

So explain "Jehovah1" for those whom may not quite get it. Do you mind?

sKally

• steve2
    steve2

Hey Bob, me thinks you protest too much!

Just as JWs can constantly criticise other belief systems and insist that their motives are genuine and peaceable and that they do not personally hate adherents of other reiligions, so too I can criticise the JW belief system and insist that my motives are genuine and peaceable and that I do not hate JWs.

I don't know what JWs are like in your part of the world, but here in New Zealand they are endlessly preoccupied with proving everyone else wrong and themselves (i.e., the Watchtower Society) right ... exclusively right. That's a recipe for religious pride and arrogance if ever there was one.

Sometimes the "cause" of the negative feedback is brought on by one's own behaviour. In simple terms, If it is considered a Christian duty to expose religious error and to point people in the direction of the "truth", as JWs believe, then they and their supporters cannot cry foul when their very own practices and behaviours are scrutinized and criticised.

steve2

• Hondo
    Hondo

Ditto Steve2

If a group is going to claim to be the "Most blessed people in the world", as I heard a speaker refer to the JW's as during a recent memorial service, then they had better be able to back a statement like that with justification and reason, and expect to be criticized, scrutinized and questioned, as Steve2 elaborates so well in his mail.

"Who should succeed in the world should be wise in the use of his pronouns. Utter the YOU twenty times, where you once utter the I. John Hay, c 1935

Happy New Year Bob.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit