What's next for the Watchtower in 2005?

by truthseeker 22 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

After all the events of 2004 regarding the botchtower, what do you think will happen next year?

I can think of a few events.

First of all, 70 years will have passed since Rutherflawed took on the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" - a gross misapplication of that scripture in Isaiah.

All the new MAN presses will be operational - already, the WT have increased their Watchtower circulation.

"Godly Obedience" district convention next summer - we all know what that will be about; and don't forget the layman's KM article on how to book a hotel, and not just any hotel at that either.

A new book to replace "Organised to accomplish our ministry"

Bro Barr of the Governing Body turns 100 (I think this is correct)

Remember: The Watchtower is a chronology based religion - it is governed solely by TIME, by the 1914, 1919, 1935 doctrines.

And because they are governed by time, things HAVE TO HAPPEN, whether they are good or bad. You can't keep on spouting 1914, 1919 and 1935 to kids growing up in the 21st century. It just doesn't wash. And those who were alive during those years are a rare species.

Other churches are not governed by time, when you die, you're reward is in heaven - so you are not waiting for something to happen, the end times, you are simply living out your natural life.

The number of memorial partakers increased by 5 this year. The number has been static for the past 20 years, and has remained in 8,500s.

Can the magazine articles get even more dumb this year! You bet! It's been a good few years since there was any meat in the Watchtower - the lessons now simply deal with different aspects of Christian living and guilt sessions on "are we doing more brothers?"

More ATM machines may make their way into Assembly Halls of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Can you think of anything more?

• sugarbritches
    sugarbritches

Botchtower- i like that one!!!! Very appropriate. When is the next convention or assembly anyway?? And how often do the circuit overseers visit the Kingdom Halls in their districts?Anyone know?

• MungoBaobab
    MungoBaobab

Hmm. In the pages of the Watchtower in 2005 we will see more on... more on... moreon... morons!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

We will see more clubing of the heads of the rank and file with feeling of guilt to keep them humble and submissive.

We will see more warning against thinking you know better than the Faithfull and oh so discreet slave.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice
    And because they are governed by time, things HAVE TO HAPPEN,

I think you are spot on here Truthseeker. And, this explains a lot of the dumbing down in the literature and magazines. Since 1975, the world if anything has got safer and certainly in the west, more prosperous. On the other hand, the WTB&TS predicted, and would have liked to have seen, global anarchy.

True, we have global terrorism, AIDs and disasters on the scale of this week's tsunami in Asia but these things seem to cast less of a shadow than the post WWII years and the subsequent cold war.

As a result, we see zero or negative growth in most westernised countries, including Japan.

Eyeslice

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

We will see more leaving the flock. Numbers here and on other ex-JW boards will increase.

Devon

• Hondo
    Hondo

I read somewhere where 2005 may be considered "the year" to a good number of JW's. It has to do with Eve being created 30 years after Adam or something and since the 6000 years since his creation was 1975...so forth and so on. Something along the lines of 1975 + 30 = 2005. I also read where 2034 could be another and that this year has something to do with the time between God telling Noah to build the Ark and him actually finishing it, 120 years I guess, and supposedly Jesus invisibly returned in 1914... and so forth and so on. Again somthing along the lines of 1914 + 120 = 2034.

More predictions/guesses?

Hondo

• Neo
    Neo

Hi truthseeker,

The name "JW" was adopted in 1931, so it is 73 years old now. But 2005 will mark 70 years since the Door of Heaven was closed. The "great crowd" started counting from 1935...

I would love if a Witness could show me from the Bible the 1935 date!

Neo

• Dustin
    Dustin

Good call Neo. It's just another one of those things that make me shake my head. And they say they're inspired by God.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Isn't there something in the bible about rendering an account after the 70 years were up?LOL

The watchtower in 2005 will have the same material they've had for the last 20 years,just reworded differently to make you believe it's new and "food at the proper time"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit